Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Big big support for Buckley there. Only one poster I can recall criticising, the rest was about his cleverness going down 🫡
Not true. A lot of 'the rest' was about him getting hit and going down hurt. Some saw 'cleverness' and one person said he went down easily. Just becasue you've painted it black and white and have kept crying about it since, doesn't make your perspective the right one. No more than it does mine. People saw the incident differently. I still believe the whole thing would not have happened but for the playacting by the manager on the sideline moments before.

I do believe we are going to win sunday if the right team is picked. I think clare put so much effort in to trying to beat Limerick last sunday that they will be mentally physically and emotionally exhausted and then being sucker punched in the last 15 mins when they thought they had it won , they will find it hard to recover from that, We cant let them get the start they got last year in ennis either where we are constantly chasing the game . if pat makes a few changes just a few Eoin Downey Deccie and Robbie in to the team i do believe we have this

After KK, I thought Pat Ryan was the man for the job. Unfortunately, we’ve actually gone backwards under him.

I'm not sure what people expect to be honest. Pat Ryan was to swap out the Senior team with the U20 team and have instant success ? Not that simple, just doesn't happen at any elite level.

Plan to win
1.2 man Full forward line
2.Midfield 1 grafter and 1 Transistioner (non tackling, non contact)
3. Spare man working "between the lines" and "Channels" orchestrating high velocity quick touch
4. Match ups right ( make sure the wrong fella doesn't get roasted , we might to have to whip him off)
5. Kingston on the Mega loop 20 mins to go

I'm not sure what people expect to be honest. Pat Ryan was to swap out the Senior team with the U20 team and have instant success ? Not that simple, just doesn't happen at any elite level.
And you think continuing to play Lehane to name but one, is progressive? 2/3 last C’ship matches, his lineups have been utterly underwhelming and had a huge impact upon us losing 2 games. Not only is he ultra conservative in picking the team, he’s also very slow to make changes on the line. Not ruthless enough imo.

Instabroke

Pat Ryan had the players of 3 AI U-20 winning teams and should have a huge insight as he managed 2 of them but not only are we looking at poor selections but we are also seeing that the transition of players is too slow from U-20 to senior under his management. Daire O'leary was on the panel and wasn't given any game time, Brian O'Sullivan walked and seemed disillusioned with the carry on, Colin O'Brien is the leader of the Fitzgibbon Cup champions but disregarded by Ryan and Co. It's not about swapping over but it is about selecting the right troops, their development and backing them in the trenches. Also what Pat Ryan advocated regarding direct hurling has not been implemented.

Come off it, that’s not what’s meant whatsoever, however to think we would still have 3 forwards with that profile and a question over the full back position is hardly too much to have asked for innyear 2, anyone realistic would have been patient last year but when it’s set up the exact same way and the exact same mistakes from the line in year 2 differing opinions become very valid.
The team selected last Sunday was closer to a team picked in 2022/2021 which didn’t work back then. It would be expected that mistakes from last year would be taken on board but the placing of players in the half back line shows they haven’t to date at least

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Sean Tierney

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼