Cork u20 Football 2024

I don't agree with ya. Two lads, one from Skibb and the other from Newmarket cost us. They wouldn't score in a brot***. Lynch's only negative during his long career was buying dummies from the red lad from Killarney.

I don’t really understand why every defeat needs a massive inquest and deeper reasoning behind it. I’d get it if we had no success at all in recent times but that isn’t the case.

I felt we had a fierce chance at half time yesterday despite not playing that well but having a wind behind us in the second half. Those first 10 mins after half time were disastrous. The response was fairly positive but chances were missed and the damage was done. I didn’t feel like Kerry were miles ahead in any department other than physicality and the minors were the same the night before.

There are a few in the bunch who look like they have serious senior potential, mainly the goalkeeper, Sheedy and O’Connor.
There’s a few others that come to mind here too. Colin Molloy was starting with Nemo rangers at 17 and played a pivotal role with them and cork this year, probably up there in contention with others for our best player against Kerry and Mark Óg O Sullivan has been a class act too, seems to be able to shut down whatever man he marks and is also a key player for that cork team and Bantry blues, excited to see him and sheedy in years to come. Those two/three lads should be key for cork next year. Sheedy and Hugh O’ Connor are great players and will go all the way, I think o Connor has a long way to go though if he wants to start cork senior.
I believe tactically on the day cork were not set up right and kick outs looked like a problem, lost every break. There seems to be a fearful mentality of going down to Kerry to play the kingdom, I can’t get it. For now it’s time to see these young guys progress with their club football and to support cork football all the way. I have no fear in the system here, we just need a bit more emphasis on football instead of hurling.

But? Jesus that’s harsh
Count how many mistakes a game David Clifford make?
Just calling it for what it is I said he was one of our best corner backs but his ball watching the floating ball cost us the All Ireland just calling it as I see it. Still one of our best defenders every but a lot of the times the names of the past players blind that they were actually human and made a lot of mistakes also.

Just calling it for what it is I said he was one of our best corner backs but his ball watching the floating ball cost us the All Ireland just calling it as I see it. Still one of our best defenders every but a lot of the times the names of the past players blind that they were actually human and made a lot of mistakes also.
No bother but I think You miss my point
You are pulling a guy over one error.. a corner back with an almost impossible task in the first place
Watch David Clifford closely and analyze his game critically and count the dozen of do errors he makes every game, as one of the all time greats.
Lynch was one of the best Cork backs of all time, tasked with marking one of the greatest if not the greatest footballer of all time Gooch and in a 1 to 1 situation.. no blanket defenses, screens or sweepers like todays game

The massive flaws with development squads and underage academies across all sports are well reported.
Take Hurling, in Cork at 15 years of age the panel is already down to circa 100 across 4 regional teams. That’s from a potential pool of 4500 players.
Numbers have to be cut as the goal is a Cork minor panel of 36 players who are only 16 years old.
A lot of those 36 get discarded then after U17 as it’s a 3 year age at U20s.
This specialization does not produce the best players by adult level.
The best method is to keep the net as wide as possible for a long as possible and the schools system which would keep that net at about 500-600 until 19 years old targeting a Harty or B is the best way to do that
U hit the nail on the head .they are only giving egos to the 50 lads instead keep120 players like the tipperary and let the club hurling get better we are dropping players at 15

The massive flaws with development squads and underage academies across all sports are well reported.
Take Hurling, in Cork at 15 years of age the panel is already down to circa 100 across 4 regional teams. That’s from a potential pool of 4500 players.
Numbers have to be cut as the goal is a Cork minor panel of 36 players who are only 16 years old.
A lot of those 36 get discarded then after U17 as it’s a 3 year age at U20s.
This specialization does not produce the best players by adult level.
The best method is to keep the net as wide as possible for a long as possible and the schools system which would keep that net at about 500-600 until 19 years old targeting a Harty or B is the best way to do that
Panel at u15 is to 50 players .and to be honest ud have to wonder why we can't be like other counties and keep it at 100plus

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 4:30pm

More events ▼