Recent content by North Cork Star

1. N

PROC Hurling Championship 2024 “Name the Winners” Competition

Galway Kilkenny Clare Wexford Cork Thanks R&B!
  2. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It is a beautiful day for hurling. The All Ireland champions coming to town. A sellout of 40,000+ going to pack out the Páirc. I will enjoy the massive occasion for what it will be and we can be thankful of Tipp for keeping our hopes alive. But I am not filled with that excitement and hope that...
  3. N

Dublin Kilkenny Limerick Thanks R&B!
  4. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Spot on.
  5. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He rightly highlighted an area where Cork need to improve on if they've any chance to beat Limerick next week. I don't know why lads are so triggered and sensitive about the point Dónal Óg was trying to make. I think their anti-Dónal Óg agenda may have something to do with it.
  6. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Dónal Óg called it as it is lads. A home truth. He is 100% right about our commitment to track back. No harm in highlighting this. We've conceded 4-51 in 2 games. We need to rectify our defending before the Limerick game.
  7. N

Wexford Dublin Clare Limerick Kilkenny I am late with my Wexford prediction, but just as well as Antrim won that. Thanks R&B!
  8. N

2024 Junior A Football Championship

Banteer play the hurling and Lyre play the football in that parish. Castlemagner will be hot favourites. There is very little left in the Duhallow division to trouble them.
  9. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I woke up this morning with the sun shining in the window and the strong smell of freshly cut grass. It must be Munster Hurling Championship season! Safe travels everyone. I'd expect a huge performance from Waterford, but if we match their intensity and use our bench to good effect, we should be...
  10. N

Outright: Munster: Limerick Leinster: Kilkenny All Ireland: Limerick This week (Round 1): Sunday April 21 Wexford v Dublin - Wexford Antrim v Kilkenny - Kilkenny Galway v Carlow - Galway Clare v Limerick - Limerick Waterford v Cork - Cork Thanks R&B!
  11. N

Cork u20 Football 2024

I have made some inquiries but I have yet to get any actual clarifications on the ruling of the transfer. I will do further digging and see if I can get to a conclusion.
  12. N

Cork u20 Football 2024

He lives in Doneraile, goes to school in Doneraile and his Dad is from Doneraile. I'm not sure what exceptions were made for the transfer but best of luck to the young lad. A very good footballer.
  13. N

John O'Shea Republic of Ireland Football Manager

It looks like there's been serious talks again with Roy Keane for the Ireland job. He is now the lead contender for the job and there are talks that John O' Shea will fall in as his assistant.
  14. N

PROC Hurling League “Name the Winners” Competition 2024

I've been disaster keeping tabs on my predictions but I might as well go for a few consolation points, and get a few wins in before championship. Limerick and Clare. Thanks R&B!