Recent content by Tony 1966

1. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Wrong about Limerick underage. 10 of the current seniors won All Ireland under 21 medals between 2015 and 2017. 2015 team: Limerick 1. David McCarthy (Glenroe) 2. Sean Finn (Bruff) 3. Richie English (Doon) 4. Michael Casey (Na Piarsaigh) 5. Diarmaid Byrnes (Patrickswell – Captain) 6...
  2. T

Cork Footballers

Agree about Mark White. Goalkeeper is definitely not one of our problems now. Martin was always a good shot stopper and his kick outs have really improved. We need a back up to Maguire and O’Callaghan in midfield. Ian was running on fumes in the last quarter today. I thought Corbett had his...
  3. T

Cork Footballers

I don’t see us winning Sam this year but both teams going in the right direction. Maybe another double in 2025🤞🏻 The thing about this year is that you wonder where Cork football would be if John Cleary got the job in 2013. Things began to improve when he took over from Keith last year and he is...
  4. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Both Shane Kingston and Darragh O’Sullivan could make senior. I thought Conor O’Callaghan was our best back in the 2017 minor team and have always felt he would do a job at corner back for the seniors. Hopefully he will be free of injury for next year’s league and get a chance to stake a claim...
  5. T

Cork u20 Hurling 2023

That was the highlight for me both today and in the Munster final. We could go long to the half forward line and know that we have forwards that can be win their own ball. Cunningham has really come on a tonne. Leahy and Buckley were outstanding today but I thought Mullins was my man of the...
  6. T

Cork Footballers

There will probably be a double header in Croke Park but I think they will put Cork Mayo In Ennis or Limerick.
  7. T

Cork Footballers

I agree about their tactical fouling and no cards being given. I think we have a good chance of turning over Mayo. Hopefully it will be in Limerick rather than Ennis and we get a good crowd to support. After tomorrow we have no more hurtling and it would be great if hurling people would travel...
  8. T

Cork Footballers

It’s the inconsistency that would drive you mad. The incident in the Dublin game was exactly the same as in our game. I didn’t think it was a penalty as we had two players back covering. I doubt he would have given it if it was a Cork player pulled down. He joins John Moloney, Mick Curley...
  9. T

Official World Cup 2022 Thread

👍
  10. T

2022 Premier Senior football

I am a long time living away from Cork but my memory is that some of the more ‘traditional’ clubs envied them. I think they are an example on how to run a club properly on and off the pitch. A friend of mine took an under 12 team from Clare to play in a blitz in Trabeg about 10 years ago and...
  11. T

2022 Premier Senior football

Hard to believe believe Nemo celebrated their half century by the winning their first senior championship and celebrated their centenary today with their 23rd. Love them or hate them it is some achievement to win an average of almost 1 out of 2 of the last 50 championships.
  12. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

89 was a draw and replay in Thurles. I think Jim Cashman was tried full forward in one of those games😩 My last time there before today was 74 when Paddy Barry got the line. The place hasn’t improved much. Great win and performance. Hopefully not a one off and we can repeat it next Sunday.
  13. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Don’t think we have any plan. Was high up in the old stand at our 45 in the second half and we were driving ball into the full forward line to Connolly with 3 Clare backs on him and no Cork forward within 30 yards of him to support even if he managed to break the ball. The long free from...
  14. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lon Long time reader. First time posting. Living away from home 30 years so wouldn’t have a great idea of players at club level. Travelling to the game today I said to my daughter we need a management team of Pat Ryan, Wayne Sherlock and Ben O’Connor to get Cork hurling back. We’re living in...