Search results

1. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cork play an expansive fast open style. This is going to leave you a little exposed at the back. Limerick are one of the greatest teams ever. I expected Cork to catch em as I said on here. I thought Cork did a super job that night in PUC and what’s most positive is that they are improving...
  2. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

BR I totally understand that it’s impossible to remember everything every poster said on here. There has been some commentary on here about Joyce before now and his tendency to go for a wander. No doubt he is a brilliant hurler but the question was raised does he leave the center exposed at...
  3. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

But like Cork isn’t the home of hurling… So that makes no sense Personally I won’t be going to anything where Cork supporters are signing the English soccer teams song anyway
  4. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Spot on. His presence alone. He will be critical for the bigger challenges ahead especially the Limerick rematch
  5. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

As I posted yesterday, I’m going to wait another few days before posting my own comments on individuals. I’m still happily floating between Thurles & PUC..
  6. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I can’t see Pat changing the center of defense. For the first time in 10 years our defensive unit is starting to look solid. Some things to iron out on the flanks but down the middle we look very solid. Joyce is an excellent hurler. Arguably likes to play too much hurling for 6 and wanders a...
  7. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

“Fucking useless” like yourself
  8. J

The Hurling Thread

Absolutely no comparison to the do or die next Sunday. Again just look at the football AI series. If they are lucky with results there might be competitive games come the last weekend.
  9. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The balance between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation is the sort of thing Caroline Currid looks at. For elite players at top level sports intrinsic is far far more important. Extrinsic motivators look for external recognition like getting one over on the neighbor are not as effective in...
  10. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Those lads on the echo are clueless. I actually laughed when I saw the ratings. Whoever did the ratings for the football v Clare needs Specsavers on top of Lazik
  11. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Hogan makes a valid point. Sure we have even won Munster recently under KK and it ultimately came to nothing after. These 2 victories are immensely pleasurable for all of us in Cork and we should enjoy every sop of these wins. 2 incredible days. However, when the dust settles over the coming...
  12. J

The Hurling Thread

In that scenario of 4 teams , all of the games next weekend in the Munster championship alone would be dead rubbers!!!! See what’s happening in the football with the AI series..with no jeopardy there isn’t much interest.
  13. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Kiely & the Limerick set up can’t wait to play Cork in Croker. I know that for a fact.
  14. J

Cork Minor Football 2024

2 minutes into injury time The Longford captain scored the equalizer to take it to extra time , an incredible free off the ground from 65yds
  15. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

16. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

There are 9 possible outcomes from the 2 games next Sunday, between wins, draws and losses. Only 2 outcomes mean Cork finish out side the top 3. Clare win & Waterford/Limerick draw Both games are draws All of the other 7 possible outcomes mean Cork finish 2nd or 3rd
  17. J

Cork Footballers

Was togged in Thurles yesterday and a false rumour went round an hour before throw in that he was starting!
  18. J

The Hurling Thread

It would be very interesting to get the referees ruling on SOD yesterday. Both were clear goal scoring chances. What we came up with was the ref viewed SOD as a tangling of legs (not a trip). While Hayes thought he was above in Thomond Park or on a night out.
  19. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Absolutely…and he knows it too. Connelly even did the infamous “ Santy is coming to Cork” celebration yesterday.
  20. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Can I just say isn’t it great to be a Corkman right now. The energy, passion, color and delight we bring to the entire game of hurling. The way we are playing the greatest game on earth right now is a thing of absolute beauty. Even the rest of the country are saying how great it is that we...