Search results

1. L

The Hurling Thread

Dublin will be happy to be one down, they made terrible use of the ball and times
  2. L

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

That u17 result means nothing now, it wouldn't even be many of same players involved I'd imagine . If anything it made Clare look at their underage development and since then they've won an all Ireland minor and been competitive in all grades.
  3. L

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Got out of there at least but another performance that was all over the shop, still result is all that matters
  4. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I hadn't noticed that. Thanks. Everyone is a loss now, less options
  5. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I wonder is that a mistake. No Damien cahalane named , did they put down wrong name
  6. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'm a good fan of Lehane as a player. Obviously no issues with him not being selected, management have got the balance correct in forward line. But I do think the Tipp game would be one to suit him coming on, he has usually played well vs Tipp in past games.
  7. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Unbelievable from Kingston to get that penalty! Too tired to write anymore for now 😄
  8. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Aside from mistake he's been unbelievable back there
  9. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Simply brilliant, keep it going. This could change our whole season here
  10. L

The Hurling Thread

The recent results in Leinster have been good for the weaker teams but its looking like Kilkenny and Galway won't challenge Limerick in the slightest this year. Kilkenny look to be coming under pressure for quality coming through, that result today added to their minors being beaten last week...
  11. L

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

I'll do the sums for you. There are lads who are 15 years old because their birthday has not yet happened in 2024. But they will turn 16 during 2024 which makes them u16 in GAA terms. So previous poster is correct, there are 15 year olds playing. Anyway regardless of them being 15, 16, or 17...
  12. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Whatever people's opinions are in relation to the current management you'd have to say they've had no luck on the injury front over 2 seasons now, I don't think they've had any game yet with everyone available. I know injuries are part and parcel of things and every county has them but Cork...
  13. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Seems a big problem in every Cork team in both codes
  14. L

The Hurling Thread

No hurling shown on RTE this weekend and nothing being shown either next weekend, bit of a joke in middle of championship not to be promoting it some bit on national tv
  15. L

The Hurling Thread

Even a draw last weekend would have so valuable now with how things stand.
  16. L

The Hurling Thread

Galway shocking enough there. They can't be going great, bringing back Johnny Glynn is a desperation move
  17. L

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

He was on senior hurling panel for all Ireland final too
  18. L

The Hurling Thread

Wexford are hard to figure out. Seem to play better vs the stronger teams and struggle with weaker opposition. Poor enough game really, standard wasn't what you'd expect
  19. L

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Kilkenny aren't the benchmark anymore though. They have as many problems underage as any county and could easily go a while yet before landing any Liam McCarthys. I'm just suggesting maybe we should be open to mentors from any background not just hurling. Kinnerick is touted as the best coach...
  20. L

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Does that matter? Can someone who didn't play still offer something if they are a good communicator,etc? Maybe sometimes if starting fresh they might look at things differently to someone at it all their life. I wouldn't say it's overly unusual anymore. Different set ups have people from other...