Search results

1. C

Springsteen down the Park !

The South Mall is jammed with discarded ponchos And plastic cups that once held Coors Light.
  2. C

A lot of them do it - especially artists who've have released 20 plus records - Jagger, Bono, etc. Axl Rose was using them in 1991 when Guns N' Roses only had 3 albums out. 8-balls must be bad for the memory. Springsteen also switches up (or used to anyway) his set list often playing requests...
  3. C

Slovakia is in the doghouse ... notice anything?

Hopefully he'll pull through. He was one of my favourite footballers back when I was growing up. The White Pelé they used to call him.
  4. C

Bruce drinks in Mok's when he comes to Cork. Or, at least, he did until they stopped giving him the pensioner's pint price. Sure "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" was originally called "Good Friday In The Harp Bar".
  5. C

what book you reading at the moment? (incl poll)

See you next week then? We'll have that pint. We'll go see my brother.
  6. C

Bring a baseball cap and rain jacket, brothers and sisters. Or wrap yourselves in the stars n' bars topped off with a pink cowboy hat. Bruce loves that.
  7. C

Don’t you ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER EVER EVER make me think I've missed out on something Partridge related again. I will make sure that you never never never never never NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER post on a local chat-page favoured by men. Middle-aged men.
  8. C

The I Love Alan Partridge Thread

I like the podcast a lot. It's one of those that has a serious re-listen quality. There we gags that flew over my head the first time because I was focused on the narrative.
  9. C

New? As in "Big Beacon"? If so, yes - and it was lovely stuff. Or is there another one?
  10. C

The I Love Alan Partridge Thread

Looking forward to the new show - if rumours are true then it's based partly on the Dubai bit in the last book which was POP (pinnacle of Partridge) stuff. That headline is pure click-bait shit. Reviving... I would argue that Alan Partridge, as a character, has never been more visible than in...
  11. C

If Fico had gun jumped, then he wouldn't be in this mess.
  12. C

You can share them with the Ticketmaster app - provided your pals have an app and TM account as well.
  13. C

I spotted that. There's some up on Toutless too. Think I'll hold off until tomorrow cos, if the weather changes, I'll have to listen to an old man droning on down in PUC in the pissing rain... and my dad whinging as well.
  14. C

I was thinking the same. If I can score a few cheap tickets, I'd take the old man down there. Myself and the oul fella have seen him enough together over the last 25+ years that I wouldn't be that pushed.
  15. C

Dress shoes with grey socks and cheap jeans. Tell me you're from a former Communist country without telling me you're from a former communist country. Or Ballmacoda.
  16. C

If it's anything like the last time that he played down there, it'll be a pain in the Christy Ring. Queue for a token (or tokens), then join a separate queue and wait again to be served your booze. I took one look at that situation and stayed on the dry.
  17. C

Urban Running / Parkour

Mental. It looks like he (no Cork woman would ever dream of doing something this thick) takes a two step run up and then launches. It's a fair distance with that trajectory.
  18. C

Bus Connects Plan

100%. Great post.
  19. C

Bus Connects Plan

But South Main Street's still all crackheads tokin'! Sorry, Mam - the CMATS has spoken! Monorail!
  20. C

Election?

I note that Dan Boyle has taken off the glasses in an attempt to score the bookish librarian in a Hollywood film "Oh my, you're beautiful!" effect. Unfortunately whoever designed the poster has removed the background and made the image so dark that Dan looks like something from the Brass Eye...