Cork Hurlers - Part 2

So some of the players selected v Waterford were not bothered?
Is that what you're saying?
Where did I say some of the players weren’t bothered. Try reading slowly the next time 🤣
Deccie has had loads of support as has Tim.
Deccie has been plagued by injury over the years so it's more probable that's the main reason for him not cementing his place.
Bull. Decky had very little support on here. At least the genuine posters who have changed their minds on him admitted as much. And Decky being injured was not the main reason he wasn’t picked, he was practically ignored by the previous management. He’s showing them now
In relation to both on Sunday - neither had the fitness to last the full game so it's reasonable to think that neither are as fit as they need to be.
How could they be fit? Decky is just back from an injury and Tim has been twiddling his thumbs all league

He’s a good player but don’t think there is a huge amount of difference between a few of our defenders really
Ideally I'd like to see stats but Mellerick must be high in making blocks and hooks compared to other defenders.

Just look at his cameo when he came on for TOC last year vs Clare.

For me JF, he's a guy who is a defender who like defending.

I sometimes wonder about this, when Barron came through he tried to get the block in instead of a hook for some reason, and in the second half he was all over the place on bennet and could have given away a penalty, despite the hype from some here don’t think he greatly improves the cork defence, possibly instead of o’mahoney but not great in the air imo
Ger was corner back against Waterford, he doesn’t have the hurling skills to play there and is much more at home wing back

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼