Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Tis no wonder everyone hates us, when some assholes are so bitter. They are only 16/17 year old kids.
Also, if an u16 player plays minor, then as as far as I'm aware they don't play in the u16 comp...at least not in some counties so it's not a true reflection of the strength of every county.

Dowling is a gobshite, but it's not the fault of a those kids either tbf.

Cork are improving nicely with each game. Clare game will be a tough 50/50 contest. The changes they made since Tipp have improved the team a bit.

Also, if an u16 player plays minor, then as as far as I'm aware they don't play in the u16 comp...at least not in some counties so it's not a true reflection of the strength of every county.

Dowling is a gobshite, but it's not the fault of a those kids either tbf.

Cork are improving nicely with each game. Clare game will be a tough 50/50 contest. The changes they made since Tipp have improved the team a bit.
Them kids are probably devastated tonight and a lad here delighted. I can't stand Dowling as a pundit but I have good time for anyone that takes up coaching jobs and puts their own time and effort in, be it club or county

Them kids are probably devastated tonight and a lad here delighted. I can't stand Dowling as a pundit but I have good time for anyone that takes up coaching jobs and puts their own time and effort in, be it club or county
I was hardly having a go at the kids, clear as day from my post. Context is my previous post, which I referenced, where I pointed out that Dowling had a good laugh, on national tv, at Donal Og (and his/Corks 16 and 17 year olds, if you like) for failing in Munster a few years back.

I take the point re the effort put in by coaches. Fair comment.

Charming to be called an asshole by you by the way.

Last edited:
A win Thursday night would put Cork in Munster final.
A loss will be a 3rd place finish and a match vs one of the Leinster semi finalists.
Leinster has been a bit of a mess, with every team in the A section losing a game, so impossible to predict who they will play yet.
A good place to be though

A win Thursday night would put Cork in Munster final.
A loss will be a 3rd place finish and a match vs one of the Leinster semi finalists.
Leinster has been a bit of a mess, with every team in the A section losing a game, so impossible to predict who they will play yet.
A good place to be though
Yeah, I see Galway beat Wexford yesterday so they are 1st or second in Leinster, Dublin and KK play today. All still alive after the group though which is a bit of a daft system

Next week for Celtic Challenge, a few friendlies this week, West played City but not sure of result.

Separately I see KKs minors lost by 5 at home to Dublin today. They've lost 2 from 3 but hammered Galway in their single win. Odd. All of the big 4 in Leinster go through to Leinster knock out no matter what, which renders their group stage all a bit pointless. KK now have to play a QF in Leinster next week, that's their punishment.

Next week for Celtic Challenge, a few friendlies this week, West played City but not sure of result.

Separately I see KKs minors lost by 5 at home to Dublin today. They've lost 2 from 3 but hammered Galway in their single win. Odd. All of the big 4 in Leinster go through to Leinster knock out no matter what, which renders their group stage all a bit pointless. KK now have to play a QF in Leinster next week, that's their punishment.
The whole Leinster set-up seems to be completely bizarre. Four teams in a round robin where they all qualify anyway and then all through to the A-I series. It's like an episode of Fr Ted.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼