Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Boy Kills World

This was a bit of a surprise, think of a mix between The Hunger Games, a bit of John Wick, add some Running Man and a bit of The Purge to spice things up. The boy of the film watches his mother and sister get killed by Hilda Van Der Coy, whose family rules over the city, and it leaves him deaf and dumb. He's picked up by the mysterious Shaman who trains him to become an "instrument of death" to avenge his family.

Plenty of action fight scenes and a few gruesome deaths later, a slight 'twist' is revealed about 30 minutes before the movie ends, you may or may not seeing it coming, overall, I'd say a
3/5 just for the action sequences and fight choreography.
did you watch a cam version?

Watched the Papillon remake last night (the 2017 version). It's relatively engaging, been a long time since I saw the original but it feels pretty similar. Charlie Hunman, the titular Papillon, is a fine looking chap but not much of an actor. Some of the supporting cast also a bit ffy. Remi Malek plays the Hoffman role and is reliable as ever.

Bono daugther Eve Hewson has a smallish role in the first 15 mins or so as Pap's girlfriend. She is a nice looking lady.

6/10.

Watched the Papillon remake last night (the 2017 version). It's relatively engaging, been a long time since I saw the original but it feels pretty similar. Charlie Hunman, the titular Papillon, is a fine looking chap but not much of an actor. Some of the supporting cast also a bit ffy. Remi Malek plays the Hoffman role and is reliable as ever.

Bono daugther Eve Hewson has a smallish role in the first 15 mins or so as Pap's girlfriend. She is a nice looking lady.

6/10.

A fair summation.

Humman is quite good in that Lost city of Z movie.

Hes made some dreadful choices since.

6/10.
It always seems a bit stupid to be remaking classic films like this. You're not going to improve on the original.

Having said that, I haven't seen the remake.

It always seems a bit stupid to be remaking classic films like this. You're not going to improve on the original.

Having said that, I haven't seen the remake.
Somewhat surprisingly perhaps the original wasn't especially well received at the time.

Agree on lost city of z, hunman is good in that. A quick look at his filmography tells you the type of movies / roles he is cast in though. Mid table fare at best.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Old Moderns

Clancys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼