The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
Nah brah. I have no time for KOD either, I just don't need to make up lies about him like you do. Always a sign of a shite argument.
I'm only going on information I've heard which I stated. Which came from a friend who had a former role on the committee of their Club.

So that aside what are your thoughts so of KOD as a former GDA and current 'CEO' underspending half a million on coaching and development?
I would see a correlation between an underspend and the issues and concerns raised about development squads.
Are the development squads being run into the ground to make way for this new schools development project??
Why are/did the development squads miss out on half a million?

I'm only going on information I've heard which I stated. Which came from a friend who had a former role on the committee of their Club.

So that aside what are your thoughts so of KOD as a former GDA and current 'CEO' underspending half a million on coaching and development?
I would see a correlation between an underspend and the issues and concerns raised about development squads.
Are the development squads being run into the ground to make way for this new schools development project??
Why are/did the development squads miss out on half a million?
Friends tell me stories every day but I don't run to the internet and post them as a fact.
There is no aside, you lie to pad your argument, you're not trustworthy, why would I want to discuss anything with you on that basis? Not happening but feel free to carry on, I'm sure someone will engage with you.

Friends tell me stories every day but I don't run to the internet and post them as a fact.
There is no aside, you lie to pad your argument, you're not trustworthy, why would I want to discuss anything with you on that basis? Not happening but feel free to carry on, I'm sure someone will engage with you.
Cool bud, you're going back to an old argument from last week. I've no problem admitting I'm wrong if I'm proved wrong. You haven't proved me wrong that a path wasn't paved for KOD and this title of CEO stemmed from a committee he was already part of. (Only thing you proved me wrong on was yes some other counties have CEO's)

KOD has openly under spent half a million which is a fact and you won't engage with me on facts. Is it cause you'd be on record to agreeing with me and I'm right on this?
Won't be long till you disappear or are banned again cause you get personal and nasty with other posters and create scenarios to suit yourself and your own agenda.

Cool bud, you're going back to an old argument from last week.
Demonstrates character, bud, which I'm afraid I don't see much of in your case.
KOD has openly under spent half a million which is a fact and you won't engage with me on facts.
So you didn't grasp my last reply, bud?
Won't be long till you disappear or are banned again cause you get personal and nasty with other posters
Well that didn't take long. That darn mask.
and create scenarios to suit yourself and your own agenda.
:lol!::lol!::lol!:

It goes without saying that sarcastically enclosing a person's job title in quotes detracts from other points made, or questions asked, in a forum post.

I'd be interested myself in understanding more about the alleged underspend as reported in a newspaper, but I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions. Let's see if more information about it surfaces - if not then there's not much to go on.

To be honest, I think we're overstating the importance of development squads and even elite development in general - and by contrast understating the importance of engendering (and maintaining) intense desire amongst far more boys and young men in Cork to play GAA sports, and be good at them. Both are important of course, and one impacts the other. Desire is a far harder nut to crack in this day and age, but it should be the top priority.

It goes without saying that sarcastically enclosing a person's job title in quotes detracts from other points made, or questions asked, in a forum post.

I'd be interested myself in understanding more about the alleged underspend as reported in a newspaper, but I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions. Let's see if more information about it surfaces - if not then there's not much to go on.

To be honest, I think we're overstating the importance of development squads and even elite development in general - and by contrast understating the importance of engendering (and maintaining) intense desire amongst far more boys and young men in Cork to play GAA sports, and be good at them. Both are important of course, and one impacts the other. Desire is a far harder nut to crack in this day and age, but it should be the top priority.
Valid and that's a fair point to make. I'll be honest I was trying to rise TOT with that but he didn't budge on it.

Half a million is a lot to underspend and it came from Croke Park just happened to be Pat Spillane reporting it which tbf I would also be skeptical of what a Kerry man would say about our football etc.

I think we're overstating the importance as we have seen issues and concerns in some areas, some of the issues and concerns can stem back to funding etc yet we have half a million unspent.
Again I have been critical of KOD he's a former GDA he knows issues from his time and is now CEO which overlooks everything or else is reported back to him. He is also speaking about new development plans and restructuring etc so he's outspoken on the matter yet not spending half a million which was allocated.

Valid and that's a fair point to make. I'll be honest I was trying to rise TOT with that but he didn't budge on it.

Half a million is a lot to underspend and it came from Croke Park just happened to be Pat Spillane reporting it which tbf I would also be skeptical of what a Kerry man would say about our football etc.

I think we're overstating the importance as we have seen issues and concerns in some areas, some of the issues and concerns can stem back to funding etc yet we have half a million unspent.
Again I have been critical of KOD he's a former GDA he knows issues from his time and is now CEO which overlooks everything or else is reported back to him. He is also speaking about new development plans and restructuring etc so he's outspoken on the matter yet not spending half a million which was allocated.

If you look at club level and see the very large portion of clubs who didn't submit an application for the energy grant last year - which was a doddle to apply for - and is probably a similar portion of a club's revenue.

But sometimes when you hear something (like this untapped €500,000) which is hard to be believe, it's because it isn't entirely true.

Let's see if more info comes out, and we'll see if it actually happened, if it was a screw-up or if there is some reasonable explanation, or if some combination of those. Without more info, there's not much to go on, and I wouldn't let mud stick just because it is thrown - there's enough things known as facts to be discussed.

If you look at club level and see the very large portion of clubs who didn't submit an application for the energy grant last year - which was a doddle to apply for - and is probably a similar portion of a club's revenue.

But sometimes when you hear something (like this untapped €500,000) which is hard to be believe, it's because it isn't entirely true.

Let's see if more info comes out, and we'll see if it actually happened, if it was a screw-up or if there is some reasonable explanation, or if some combination of those. Without more info, there's not much to go on, and I wouldn't let mud stick just because it is thrown - there's enough things known as facts to be discussed.
In fairness to clubs, they are run nearly exclusively by volunteers.
Comparing them to the CEO of a multi million euro organisation, with a huge pool of staff is unfair and not in any way related.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

25th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival : Susan O' Neill

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼