The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
Good calls I’d say.
It would depend on what the overall approach would be. I’d assume they’d have to have a geographical spread also.
Duhallow might have Kanturk- a slower burner.
Another one on the western side of the city?
Spraoid Naoimh, my own alma mater has underperformed disgracefully in hurling practically forever, given that in its catchment area it has the Barr's, Bishopstown and a fair few lads travelled in from Ballinhassig at least when I was there

The A list of schools isn’t far off what you’d expect. Get the GDA on the case every evening after school (junior & senior) in each of those. Put proper elite academy structures in place. You might even get some of the best coaches to get involved voluntarily. You’d probably pull in decent school academy sponsors. I’ve always believed a proper school system is the sleeping giant that will bring Cork GAA back from the wilderness.

How many GDAs are hurling or football only? That limits the assistance that can be provided on that front. It is pie in the sky stuff from Donovan in reality, but his comments keep him relevant to the media.
Can a GDA actually be one or the other? Are they all not dual in a dual county?
Well, whoever is responsible for the shambles that continues to be Cork senior football and especially hurling needs to be answer some questions.. Sure the other counties are in not laughing at us at this stage..

Can a GDA actually be one or the other? Are they all not dual in a dual county?
Well, whoever is responsible for the shambles that continues to be Cork senior football and especially hurling needs to be answer some questions.. Sure the other counties are in not laughing at us at this stage..

Yep....James McCarthy is a great example of a Dual GDA

I don’t know what goes on down there but he does the hurling in west cork? Isn’t that his job.

I will let someone from West Cork answer that, but If I was a betting man I would say that he doesn't know one end of a Hurl from the other.

Very hard to coach something if you never played the game, especially if you are talking about these GDAs going into schools and setting up Elite academies.

I will let someone from West Cork answer that, but If I was a betting man I would say that he doesn't know one end of a Hurl from the other.

Very hard to coach something if you never played the game, especially if you are talking about these GDAs going into schools and setting up Elite academies.
Isn’t there 16-20 GDAs?
Some would go into Harry schools and others into football schools.
Not being smart but as an example what did Paul Kinnerk play & sport did John Kiely play with Limerick? These 2 are the most successful coaching/manager combo in hurling history

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

25th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼