Cork Footballers

D Clifford has called for an Aussie rules type penalty for the blocking of a quick free with the penalty being the ball been brought up 50 metres. Considering his antics at the end of the game we would have ended up taking the last free from DR.Crokes ground. As my Dub friend said no mention of that on the sunday game.

D Clifford has called for an Aussie rules type penalty for the blocking of a quick free with the penalty being the ball been brought up 50 metres. Considering his antics at the end of the game we would have ended up taking the last free from DR.Crokes ground. As my Dub friend said no mention of that on the sunday game.
His suggestion is a good one. In the meantime, he of course calculates the percentages and does what he considers makes his team most likely to win - i.e. those antics. Yeah, you are right about The Sunday Game - if Cork had been winning and did the same thing (which I hope we would, given present rules and their present application!) they would have been all over it.

I also think that a player taking a free should not be required to kick it away, as such a free out the field is a disadvantage to the team awarded the free - because the team defending against the free has an extra man amongst those players available to kick the ball to. Rather, the player taking the free should be allowed to toe tap it and play on. Additionally, the team awarded the free should be permitted to take the free from the very moment it is awarded (no need to wait), and the team defending against the free should be given no allowance of time to retreat the required distance - it's their job to get out of the way so as not to impede play, and if they impede the play by not doing so then some more severe sanction should then apply. As well as changing things significantly out the field, this would cause some big changes close to goal where a player awarded a free close in would be motivated in some cases to instantly go for goal.

Last edited:
All decent Club players. Nowhere near Inter County. Jesus the mad notions here among some. Do lads actually watch the Inter County game. Comedy Hour.
200w.gif

:lol!: :lol!:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼