Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sort of undermines your point when he ended his piece talking as a Cork supporter....

Individuals being singled out for criticism with their worthiness to wear Cork jersey being questioned - 100% not helpful to the individual.
Manager then has to ensure that it doesn't get to the individual and to the team as a whole.

His reluctance to speak about puck-outs and strategy was a good thing, given that you'd imagine that Collins confidence can’t be sky high right now.
The fact that he didn't go into this indicates to me that he knows his words might cause issues for some.

Anyway, comments are out there now and may serve as a useful distraction.
Very valid points there also. Cusack has always been a contradiction.

We'll have to agree to disagree, if the analysis was correct the identity of the messager shouldn't matter, say what you want about Cusack, he's opinionated but can't be accused of being watery like a lot of the other analysts. Sure he has an ego and etc. but so what, he has his all Ireland's won, and you can be sure if that happened on the team he was part of, Kenny, Curran, O'Halpin, and Gardner would have bust a gut to get back in, and Niall /Timmy Mc would have at least slowed Diarmuid Ryan down. It’s a bit more of that attitude that the team need and hopefully they will develop, but supporters acting like a shower of Karen's complaining about toxic comments isn't going to help.
100%. Have a good feeling it will have a positive impact on the team this time

Connolly has the quality I'm talking about and believe it or not O Donnell for Clare has it as well. If he had the ball in his hand that day hed have taken that hit and still might have got off a shot and then looked for the free
Connolly this year has been unreal, he's usually got a couple of defenders stuck to him and fouling him when he turns towards goal.

I do remember him being called out on here a couple of years back for "not trying" hard enough.
Never agreed with that.

Connolly this year has been unreal, he's usually got a couple of defenders stuck to him and fouling him when he turns towards goal.

I do remember him being called out on here a couple of years back for "not trying" hard enough.
Never agreed with that.
Connellys been excellent. The goal vs wford was quality.

Sort of undermines your point when he ended his piece talking as a Cork supporter....

Individuals being singled out for criticism with their worthiness to wear Cork jersey being questioned - 100% not helpful to the individual.
Manager then has to ensure that it doesn't get to the individual and to the team as a whole.

His reluctance to speak about puck-outs and strategy was a good thing, given that you'd imagine that Collins confidence can’t be sky high right now.
The fact that he didn't go into this indicates to me that he knows his words might cause issues for some.

Anyway, comments are out there now and may serve as a useful distraction.
FFS they are all grown men, they are well able to take it, Collins is a guard isn't he, he's probably come across a lot worse on one night shift then someone on TV or the internet criticising his performance at his hobby, if it gets too much I sincerely hope they'd just walk away from it, but again I reckon most of them have enough about them to accept constructive criticism and move on.

Sorting the Refs from the Ground up. The fucking Delusion here. If anyone here was at a committee or coaching group at their local club. They would realise how hard it is the get refs and the abuse they get even at Go games. Frank had his puppet hands manipulating everyone and the rest of Munster was a hurling Valhalla. . Stop now lads FFS.
Glad you're getting it.
Seems like it's clear even to thick people.
By the way I've been to plenty of Go games because unlike you I could convince someone to procreate with me. I've coached kids games too and yes in Cork the standard of reffing even for kids is atrocious. They need only to hear the sound of Ash off Ash to whistle.
It's not like that in Tipp where I've also brought kids to play in games.

By the way do you type your posts while listening to Wagner?

FFS they are all grown men, they are well able to take it, Collins is a guard isn't he, he's probably come across a lot worse on one night shift then someone on TV or the internet criticising his performance at his hobby, if it gets too much I sincerely hope they'd just walk away from it, but again I reckon most of them have enough about them to accept constructive criticism and move on.
FFS sake I am not saying they can't take it ya dope.
I am not feckin suggesting that they're shrinking at the criticism.
I am saying that personal criticism is not constructive.
Criticism that is not constructive is not helpful.
It's not rocket science.

FFS sake I am not saying they can't take it ya dope.
I am not feckin suggesting that they're shrinking at the criticism.
I am saying that personal criticism is not constructive.
Criticism that is not constructive is not helpful.
It's not rocket science.
He criticised the team in general and he was right.
The piece he highlighted was shocking and there was about 7 players guilty to some degree.
As for the puc outs?
Do you think Collins like the team was guilty of lack of effort or maybe just a lack of skill?
If it's the second what's the point of highlighting it? He doesn't pick the team.

Yesterday a statement was made about a Cork hurler who has broken the law. Uproar followed.

The same brigade saying a lot worse about Donal Óg here today. Character assassination and homophobic remarks just glossed over.

Nothing he said wasn’t true. But fellas up in arms because he said it about our own.

If Pat Ryan and the Cork Senior Hulring Squad have an issue with anyone speaking about them on TV and calling it as it is, they should start with putting a noteworthy win on the board. Then build from there.

Someone here called us the nearly men earlier. ‘Nearly’ what? Nearly not an embarrassment is it? We have a delusional bunch of supporters who think we will win it every year. And a senior hurling team that hasn’t delivered for a long long time. Cork hurling is a fucking joke, and anyone getting upset at a few statements on the TV is part of the problem.

And to anyone who will point to the word loyalty and tell me he shouldnt say it about our own, Donal Og gave as much and maybe more, and certainly won fucking more than the shower of prima donnas we have now. And he represented every Corkman here, so get off yer high horses about having a go at our own, because yer doing the same thing.

Finally got round to watching TSG. I was expecting some dramatic character assassination the way some of the snowflakes on here reacted. He made a general observation about Cork's lack of willingness to put in the hard yards backed up with a specific example citing 6 or 7 players.
Anybody who thinks he was wrong has zero knowledge of hurling and anyone who is upset for the players involved should f*ck off and go watch ballet or something.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

24th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Love Lies Bleeding (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼