SOD ED NOL
RD CJ GM
TOM MC
DD DF SH
ROF AC PH

Midfield won’t happen but I think that would be our best team for limerick
Give Robbie a go he had a few more weeks to get up to speed
Kingston Barret or JOC in if he’s not playing well
That is the team I would go for with the exception of Shane Barrett for ROF.

Barrett has done well this year and is now ahead of ROF in the pecking order and it’s up to Robbie to change that which he could well do if he finds form but he’ll need to do it quickly

PC
SOD ED NOL
RD CJ GM
TOM MC
DD DF SH
ROF AC PH

Midfield won’t happen but I think that would be our best team for limerick
Give Robbie a go he had a few more weeks to get up to speed
Kingston Barret or JOC in if he’s not playing well
On Merit MC and ROF wouldn't make my team.
I'd have Tommy O Connell instead of MC.
And tbf as you said give Robbie a go, he could be more impactful off the bench. We saw with Tim and Deccie last week for example they had little game time and their legs were gone.
I'd have Twomey instead of ROF, swap Harnedy and Twomey but Harnedy roams the forward line leaving a 2 man FF Line of AC and PH.

I'd base that off tactics and game management, as I said Tim and Deccie both went off due to match fitness and if you start MC and ROF. That's 4 subs already there come 45 mins or so. Does not give us much options then if any other injuries or if fellas have a quiet game.

Only 50/50 call I'd have is NOL and Damo Cahalane.... Not sure what I'd do there

Other than that great selection Cork99

Lads how anyone can drop Shane Barrett is unbelievable. The guy is the glue in our foward line, does a load of unrecognised work which some of our more regular starters could take note of

PCollins
NOLeary EDowney SODonoghue
GMillerick CJoyce RDowney
ETwomey DCahalane
TOMahony DFitzgibbon DDalton
SBarrett AConnolly PHorgan

I haven’t dropped Harnedy, I am keeping him, Coleman and O Flynn as impact subs which we will badly need coming down the stretch

Midfield aside, where we had huge issues, this is very close to the team we picked for Limerick last year which is in my eyes the template we should be using.

We also need to fight fire with fire with their big men Hegarty, O Donoghue, Hayes and Byrne

I’d let Hoggie drift out again and keep Barrett inside for his speed and workrate. Himself and Connolly could worry them

I am very tempted to start Damo midfield on O’Donoghue too, you need someone who will man mark him and take him on physically it’s a toss up between him and Brian Roche for me and at this stage it’s a punt we may have to take

Last edited:
Lads how anyone can drop Shane Barrett is unbelievable. The guy is the glue in our foward line, does a load of unrecognised work which some of our more regular starters could take note of

PCollins
ETwomey DCahalane

I haven’t dropped Harnedy, I am keeping him, Coleman and O Flynn as impact subs which we will badly need coming down the stretch

Midfield aside, where we had huge issues, this is very close to the team we picked for Limerick last year which is in my eyes the template we should be using.

We also need to fight fire with fire with their big men Hegarty, O Donoghue, Hayes and Byrne

I’d let Hoggie drift out again and keep Barrett inside for his speed and workrate. Himself and Connolly could worry them

I am very tempted to start Damo midfield on O’Donoghue too, you need someone who will man mark him and take him on physically it’s a toss up between him and Brian Roche for me and at this stage it’s a punt we may have to take
Damien Cahalane would be torn apart in the middle of the field he hasn’t the legs for it.

I agree O Donoghue needs man marking but no chance is Damien going to midfield.

There could be a case made for him in the half backs but midfield, never.

PCollins
ETwomey DCahalane

I omitted Barrett tbf was harsh of me alright R&B but was down to my formation.
It was Barrett or Twomey and Twomey I thought was hard done by in past along with Tommy O Connell.
Your formation there you could actually be onto something.

I think we should should take a chance on Damo at midfield tbf, how many times over the year have we seen him at FB or on the wing and make one of his runs forward. It gives the crowd a big roar even from his haters and it has motivated the lads. He's unstoppable on his runs due to speed and size.
He has the fitness too.
There's still a chance to qualify but we must rely on other results too.... There's no harm in taking a risk either.
If it was in solely in our control I might say it's too big of a risk. I don't know, but again you could be onto something.

Damien Cahalane would be torn apart in the middle of the field he hasn’t the legs for it.

I don't know, he seems to have the legs in football with Castlehaven at midfield/centre back.
Football would be more taxing in my opinion and if he can do it in football I don't see why he couldn't do it in hurling

I think you underestimate his legs 🤣
There’s no chance the selectors will pick him there but tell me a better option
Never? He came on midfield at half time in the 21 all ireland final on Will O Donoghue and brought plenty of aggression and physicality

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Cillian Moore

The Pav, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼