Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Pooman

I know Adam Lee of St. Colmans but I heard recently he wasn't involved. Can you confirm he is involved?

Regarding the Inniscarra lads at least David Enright, Alan Heelan, Jack Shine and Cathal Lyons are underage again for minor next year but I didn't hear of them making the Cork squad as of yet. Cathal Lyons is big and apparently Meyler and Co. have gone with size over other attributes in the squad so then it's very likely Lyons is involved.

Cillian Connolly (Glen Rovers) is a player I admire but I guess he's overage, can you please confirm?

Pooman

I know Adam Lee of St. Colmans but I heard recently he wasn't involved. Can you confirm he is involved?

Regarding the Inniscarra lads at least David Enright, Alan Heelan, Jack Shine and Cathal Lyons are underage again for minor next year but I didn't hear of them making the Cork squad as of yet. Cathal Lyons is big and apparently Meyler and Co. have gone with size over other attributes in the squad so then it's very likely Lyons is involved.

Cillian Connolly (Glen Rovers) is a player I admire but I guess he's overage, can you please confirm?
Haven't been tracking the comings & goings too closely tbh.
If Adam Lee isn't involved then that's just further confirmation of Meylers tactics. Lee is fast,strong, skilful & a good man to take a score but isn't 6'3".
Cillian Connolly is underage for 2024 alright. Not sure but think he was dropped but he might come back into the reckoning after the Glen won the county.

To jog our minds and get the ball rolling I believe the following players are likely to be currently involved as part of the Cork minor training panel for the coming year. Are there any other players not included in this list who are involved or players out there who should be involved?

Goalkeepers
Joshua Goulding - Glen Rovers, Leon O'Shea - Watergrasshill and Adam Lee - Carrigtwohill

Backs
Cian O'Connor - Millstreet, David Barry - Watergrasshill, Rian O'Riordan - Blackrock, Liam Kelleher - Douglas, Conor Morgan - Kiltha Og, Cian Galvin - Youghal, Dean Cosgrave - Courcey Rovers, Conor Noonan - Lismire, Colm Garde - Lisgoold, Rory Higgins - Sarsfields, James Murray - St. Finbarrs, Kevin O'Leary - Ballincollig, Kevin Beechinor (Eire Og), Denis Riordan - Kilworth.

Mid-fielders
Jack Hegarty - Ballinora, Fionn Daly - Kiltha Og, Michael Tadhg Brosnan - Glen Rovers, Oisin O'Connell - Carrigaline

Forwards
Leo Hennessy - Sliabh Rua, Luke Hurley - Na Piarsaigh, John Temple - St. Catherines, Luke Murphy - Ibane Gaels, Eoghan O'Shea - Ballinhassig, Joe Twohig - Valley Rovers, Fionn Lardner - Fermoy, Aaron Murphy - Mallow, John Murphy - Mallow, Peter Barrett - Midleton, Jack O'Brien, Mark O'Brien - both Douglas, Liam O'Mahony - Shandrum, Cormac Deane - Killeagh
Any lads off that good carrigtwohill feile team? Heard there’s one lad in particular , maybe a bit young

Pooman

Thanks for the confirmation on Cillian Connolly, IMO him and Adam Lee should be involved. I've been informed that 3 of the 4 Inniscarra lads I mentioned were involved and likely to be still involved namely Enright, Shine and Lyons.

North Cork Star

I'm aware of Conor O'Brien from Buttevant with St. Colmans but didn't hear of him as a Cork minor panelist. I actually thought he will be 18 and overage in 2024, are you sure he's underage?

morello

The young lad from the Feile Carrigtwohill team who are also County U-15 Champions I believe is Sam Ring. As he is 14 years old I don't expect him to be involved until 2025 but if Cork were to go far in next year's championship maybe that could change.

Haven't been tracking the comings & goings too closely tbh.
If Adam Lee isn't involved then that's just further confirmation of Meylers tactics. Lee is fast,strong, skilful & a good man to take a score but isn't 6'3".
Cillian Connolly is underage for 2024 alright. Not sure but think he was dropped but he might come back into the reckoning after the Glen won the county.
Agreed. Adam Lee is a class player. Watched him playing a lot last year including in the u15 Premier 2 championship final. Fine player. Skilful as hell. Couple of good players form youghal as well that I thought would be in extended panel. They won all around them. Youghal had a handy goalkeeper on the cork u15 panel last year. Very good shot stopper but a bit small and puck outs were short. Had good game against limerick in the Arrabawn last year. No sign of him. Young Lenane from youghal also potential. Great ability to run at players but final pass or shot is very often very poor. Seemed to get a lot of game time last year. Again not powerfully built, which is what J Meyler seems to go with. Talking to parents Meyler seemed to favour the City West groups very heavily. Whatever, best of luk to these lads.

Dean Ryan final played today in Kilmallock between Flannans and Nenagh..
Nenagh Cbs won
Our own John Meyler was there
There is a man minding his job

What you want him to do, enter the pitch and start a fight?
Fella is retired. Big Deal. Big John has has given stellar service , pity about the results.
What results. How did the U16’s get on this year. I know they lost a couple of finals and won against Galway. Was the win the primary competition or was it one of the secondary completions. There were loads of competitions in the u15 with J Meyler and they seemed to lose all around them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Mick Grace

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼