Memorable hurling matches

The 78 Munster hurling final would be a standout memory for me along with the 90’Munster hurling final
78 we were going for 3 in a row and Clare felt they should have beaten us in 77’so came with all guns blazing. I’ll never forget the Clare roar in Thurles at half time when we only led by 1 point having played with a gale. Cork gave a superb performance in the second half and held on to win .
90 was really special, waterford beat us in the 89 semi final so hopes weren’t high going into 90. We stumbled past Kerry and Waterford (I think) and met the all ireland champions Tipp in the Munster final in a baking Thurles. Mark Foley scored 2.7 and the donkeys won the derby

The 85 semi final loss to Galway still sticks in my mind. It was announced just before the game that JBM was out injured, thanks to Castlehaven the week before, and we were bate without the king. 3 in a row went a begging that day

Enjoyed that trip down memory lane R&B. Galway did us serious damage in the semis of 1975 and 1979. They, in effect, prevented us from 5 in a row. Although in fairness our victory over Clare in 77 was fortuitous in the extreme. Happy happy memories. Thanks Mattie for facilitating a little bit of pleasant nostalgia.

Enjoyed that trip down memory lane R&B. Galway did us serious damage in the semis of 1975 and 1979. They, in effect, prevented us from 5 in a row. Although in fairness our victory over Clare in 77 was fortuitous in the extreme. Happy happy memories. Thanks Mattie for facilitating a little bit of pleasant nostalgia.
I watched the 79 semi on tv, think we wore black shorts that day, I cried watching the 4 in a row slip away, they were a superb team but seemed a little jaded that day

Waterford and Tipp down the Pairc I think from 05/06. Eoin Kelly from Tipp scored about 2-05 from play that day. He was a brilliant player to see in the flesh.

Waterford and Tipp down the Pairc I think from 05/06. Eoin Kelly from Tipp scored about 2-05 from play that day. He was a brilliant player to see in the flesh.
Kelly was unlucky to be playing in an era when Tipp weren't great. For 4/5 years he was the best player in the country. Would be up there with Shefflin if Tipp were better. Also injuries caught up with him and by 28/29 he wasn't the same player.

Kelly was unlucky to be playing in an era when Tipp weren't great. For 4/5 years he was the best player in the country. Would be up there with Shefflin if Tipp were better. Also injuries caught up with him and by 28/29 he wasn't the same player.
100%. From 03-07 he kept Tipp in a lot of matches by himself. Loved him and Lar Corbett.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

25th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼