Motorsport 2021

No one ever remembers Roland.
😞

I remember a quote by Eddie Irvine about him; he had come into F1 from touring cars I think and was struggling at the tail end of the fields in a poor car. Eddie Irvine said "I was watching him and thinking, what's the point?" Subsequent to that GP, didn't Karl Wendlinger suffer an almost-fatal shunt in Monte Carlo also. Grim times back then.

Back in the earlier days again of F1, Monaco was the one GP RTE always broadcast live, with maybe the occasional British one thrown in too sometimes.

was one of the first GPs I saw as we only got in the multi channel not too long before. F1 was still a minority in the school yard but Senna was the talk of the place for ages afterwards
I was only starting to watch it that season, but didn't see the race. I can remember watching some of the funeral, which was live on Eurosport.

The Roland crash was horrific. The comments he made to another member of the team before the session, about throwing the car around, or really pushing it, is haunting. It's in the Senna documentary.

I was only starting to watch it that season, but didn't see the race. I can remember watching some of the funeral, which was live on Eurosport.

The Roland crash was horrific. The comments he made to another member of the team before the session, about throwing the car around, or really pushing it, is haunting. It's in the Senna documentary.
There was a documentary on SKY F1 channel last night about him. Good watch and insight but very sad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Reggae Sundays with Live Band Yes i & DJ Gwada Mike

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼