Price Of A Bazzer In Cork?

I went to get a bazzar a few times in a premises in barrack street. I thing Hurley Was his name. He was a big guy middle aged and was the image of Fred Elliot of corornation street.
That was about 5 years ago. I see the premises is closed for some time .I dont know where he is gone.
I used to go to him over 20 years ago. Surprised he was still mincing about up to 5 years ago as he was no spring chicken 20+ years ago.

€18 for me rounded off to €20

For that princely sum I get a fairly rudimentary, no messing haircut, and its a turkish barber so they tend to throw in a hot towel over the face afterwards and short head massage
As a rule, they are generally neither Turkish, nor in fact, barbers. Fuck knows how so many of them keep popping up on every street you go down. I'm guessing there's a massive laundering job going on with whoever owns them, similar in the UK( and less so here) with car washes.

The standard of haircut available from these guys, in my experience, tends to be of 2 varieties. An all over is no problem , or, whether you want it or not, a high and tight is your other option.

As a rule, they are generally neither Turkish, nor in fact, barbers. Fuck knows how so many of them keep popping up on every street you go down. I'm guessing there's a massive laundering job going on with whoever owns them, similar in the UK( and less so here) with car washes.

The standard of haircut available from these guys, in my experience, tends to be of 2 varieties. An all over is no problem , or, whether you want it or not, a high and tight is your other option.
Heard before that they open up, work away for the good few months, but then close down/go out of business before the tax is due to be sorted.
Then they/brother/cousin/uncle etc sets up again under a different name, and round and round it goes.

Not sure how true that is though.

Mostly Kurdish,some Iraqi,
Know a guy he's got a few shops,used work for us on the door in SG1
He's a carpenter 😊and from what I know some of the guys working in his place's or at least did anyway are no more barbers than me

Mostly Kurdish,some Iraqi,
Know a guy he's got a few shops,used work for us on the door in SG1
He's a carpenter 😊and from what I know some of the guys working in his place's or at least did anyway are no more barbers than me
They are probably capable of basic haircuts out of necessity, but as I said, military or all over, bust. Oh, be careful getting your ears melted off your head

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼