Quay Coop next Victim

a sign up on the co-op last night when I passed said the restaurant was closed for the summer (if I recall correctly)
Thanks Jim.

I tried to stop and read that notice but I could not find a place to set-down or park right outside the Quay Co-Op as I was also going to buy some organic bread and guilt free hummus. I circled the block 5 times and the next thing was the space was taken by a cargo bike and a smug family.

I was only raging.

I went to a McDonalds drive-thru instead in Killarney as the ones in the suburbs of Cork are always too busy with long queues and the hundreds of parking spaces always full (Why weren't they even ready and expecting me?)

I could have gone to the busy English Market but it is always packed full of locals and tourists taking photographs and more importantly they do not have a single car parking space to cater for me.

I will be staying at home forever now baking my own delicious bread.
1687516854043.png

Hi Jim. I would have thought the main vegetarian restaurant in the City would be busiest during tourism times. It used to be busy all the time. There are other IMO reasons for the demise. 1 Coop do not respond to emails or Facebook messages. 2 Green fundamentalism has led to them installing their own damparse seats next in addition to the Parklet next to the usually stalled or slow moving traffic. Diesel Salad Dressing. 3 Gentrification. The new style is more Bunnyconnellan than Lefty Bohemian. Prices matching...... A burrito €19:50. But apart from the upstairs, the best foodie shop in town is now inhabited by tumbleweed. The singular obvious difference between now and before is the removed six parking and set down places.

Stalky, wait a day, then reply with more Gibberish to keep this thread in the public eye. Comply.

Hi Jim. I would have thought the main vegetarian restaurant in the City would be busiest during tourism times.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1 Coop do not respond to emails or Facebook messages.
Perhaps they have you blocked, I would too if some nomark came in telling me how to run my business.
I spoke with several of the staff saying these moves would finish the place, probably within two years.

Hi Jim. I would have thought the main vegetarian restaurant in the City would be busiest during tourism times. It used to be busy all the time. There are other IMO reasons for the demise. 1 Coop do not respond to emails or Facebook messages. 2 Green fundamentalism has led to them installing their own damparse seats next in addition to the Parklet next to the usually stalled or slow moving traffic. Diesel Salad Dressing. 3 Gentrification. The new style is more Bunnyconnellan than Lefty Bohemian. Prices matching...... A burrito €19:50. But apart from the upstairs, the best foodie shop in town is now inhabited by tumbleweed. The singular obvious difference between now and before is the removed six parking and set down places.
I passed the parklet at 5.00pm and it was full of Co-op customers.

Why bring the amazing award wining Cafe Paradiso into it?

One of the best vegetarian restaurants on earth?

Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan?

1687558194031.png

Stalky your Lying Trumps Trump. The shop floor has contracted 30%, there is a visible lack of customers compared to the past, the bread bakery is gone, and the restaurant is closed. Seems more like an explosion rather than a successful expansion.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼