Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

The Fall Guy 6/10

Watching it was pretty much like I remember the original series - a lot of petty dialog, then a few minutes of stunts.

The car chases were too short but they did some pretty impressive rolls.

The treatment of women in it seemed anachronistic, probably reflecting the eighties sensibilities.

Always something meta about watching an actor play a stuntman playing an actor etc.

Tonight's picture was the original "bad lieutenant", the 1992 abel ferrara effort.

A flawed picture but well shot with some memorable scenes. Liberal depictions of drug use which may or may not be to your personal taste.

Overall enjoyed it but there's a bit of frustration in that it could have been better.

7/10 nevertheless.

November Man with Pierce Brosnan. It's out nearly 10 years and a bit James Bondy but I must admit I enjoyed it 7/10

Perrier's Bounty - Cillian Murphy the main man and Brendan Gleeson has a good cameo. It's about 15 years old, set in dooooblin, criminal world. Again it wasn't half bad 8

The Holdovers- 8/10. I really enjoyed it. Great acting all round. Felt like the sort of movie that there were loads of in the 90s but have largely disappeared since.

The last duel- 6/10. Decent story and good cast, but it was a little over blown I though, and the rape scenes (no spoiler as it is the point of the movie) were gratuitous I thought.

The Holdovers- 8/10. I really enjoyed it. Great acting all round. Felt like the sort of movie that there were loads of in the 90s but have largely disappeared since.

The last duel- 6/10. Decent story and good cast, but it was a little over blown I though, and the rape scenes (no spoiler as it is the point of the movie) were gratuitous I thought.

I liked it.

Jodie Comer was good in it and Damon played against type.

Hes really been trying to shake off his everyman nice guy thing (Interstellar too).

Adam Driver is the weak link. Cant fathom how he keeps getting parts. He was completely shite in that Gucci movie too.

I'll actually swerve movies now if hes involved.

The Holdovers is ok. Sideways meets Scent of a woman. Pure awards bait. Delighted the Academy didnt fold and give him Best Actor.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:45pm

More events ▼