The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

You can throw up as many tweets as you like m8.

Alexander Arnold was shocking the other night.

You wont be winning too many games with a fullback who feels he simply doesn't have to do his defensive duties.
We all know facts aren’t your thing but those read as 27 wins from 38 and 9 draws since Trent inverted into midfield. 2 defeats which is now at 4 since recent slump.

So either Trent has been doing his defensive duties somewhere or you can actually win games despite having a full back who won’t do his defensive duties. Which is it?

And yes he was bad the other night, especially on the second goal but DCL got a huge run and jump on him. And others were also bad. I’m well aware of his defensive limitations but where were the people picking on Trent when we were flying high all season? He’s an easy target. Sometimes out of his own doing but mostly through lazy analysis of armchair fans.

You use Twitter(X) for your boring memes but you don’t like it when facts are thrown in your face. 27 wins from 38.

We all know facts aren’t your thing but those read as 27 wins from 38 and 9 draws since Trent inverted into midfield. 2 defeats which is now at 4 since recent slump.

So either Trent has been doing his defensive duties somewhere or you can actually win games despite having a full back who won’t do his defensive duties. Which is it?

And yes he was bad the other night, especially on the second goal but DCL got a huge run and jump on him. And others were also bad. I’m well aware of his defensive limitations but where were the people picking on Trent when we were flying high all season? He’s an easy target. Sometimes out of his own doing but mostly through lazy analysis of armchair fans.

You use Twitter(X) for your boring memes but you don’t like it when facts are thrown in your face. 27 wins from 38.

You are literally the only Cork Scouser on here defending him m8.

Go for it, no skin off my nose.

I hope he plays every game, he cant defend and regularly gets found out.

I hope he plays every game, he cant defend and regularly gets found out.
Agreed. Liverpool are better than most of the teams they play in the EPL every week, and can get away with it, because of that. The 27 wins from 38 games is meaningless. At the big important moments he's a liability and will almost always let you down.

Just keep your eyes solely on TAA the whole time for Vinny's goal in the CL final. He doesn't so much as look behind once as the play develops and VJ does the rest.

I hope he plays there for the next decade tbphwy.

This doesn’t include the recent slump, Trent actually wasn’t on the pitch when Palace scored but it’s up until the start of the April. The record speaks for itself.

Some disastrous stats those are!

Edit: It began when 2-0 down to Arsenal at Anfield last season. Not before 2-0, Klopp changed his role to invert during the game.
He began inverting against Leeds last season iirc. We then had a string of easy games up until we played Villa. In the Villa game he was found out badly. Then this season he’s been he’s been injured for the beast part of 2024. So those stats don’t tell the full picture.

He began inverting against Leeds last season iirc. We then had a string of easy games up until we played Villa. In the Villa game he was found out badly. Then this season he’s been he’s been injured for the beast part of 2024. So those stats don’t tell the full picture.
Halfway through the Arsenal game. Stats never tell a perfect picture and I’m clear on the fact he has frailties defensively but to say we will find it hard to win most games with Trent is simply laughable and the facts above back that up.

That said, would not be shocked to see him play midfield under Slot.

Agreed. Liverpool are better than most of the teams they play in the EPL every week, and can get away with it, because of that. The 27 wins from 38 games is meaningless. At the big important moments he's a liability and will almost always let you down.

Just keep your eyes solely on TAA the whole time for Vinny's goal in the CL final. He doesn't so much as look behind once as the play develops and VJ does the rest.

I hope he plays there for the next decade tbphwy.

Yup.

Shabby is on his own hyping up that turkey.

Halfway through the Arsenal game. Stats never tell a perfect picture and I’m clear on the fact he has frailties defensively but to say we will find it hard to win most games with Trent is simply laughable and the facts above back that up.

That said, would not be shocked to see him play midfield under Slot.
I’m never said we’ll find it hard to win most games with him inverted. We will however find it hard to win games against the top sides. Also, I'm not saying he’s a bad defender, his biggest frailty is his lack of effort to defend - which Klopp and Linders have seemed happy to let slide. His best position is right back. The next manager needs to stick him there and tell him to cop on and defend. Otherwise, make the switch permanently to midfield.

I really don’t understand why he choosing that hill to die on. Nelly has spent two year at least here complaining about Trent’s defending.
There’s a big difference between defending Trent in the context of saying that the team will find it hard to win games with him in the team and hyping him up. I am well aware of his defensive frailties but I also am well aware of his clear attacking class.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Slot has a role for him in midfield especially as part of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1. That might be best for everyone especially with Bradley emerging and Gomez after a very steady season.

There’s a big difference between defending Trent in the context of saying that the team will find it hard to win games with him in the team and hyping him up. I am well aware of his defensive frailties but I also am well aware of his clear attacking class.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Slot has a role for him in midfield especially as part of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1. That might be best for everyone especially with Bradley emerging and Gomez after a very steady season.
You keep going off on these tangents and strange irrelevant stats. It's a simple question, is Trent a shite defender (liability at the back) as Dan claimed, yes or no will do.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

24th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼