Training Run Times

Ballintotis held its pre race run last night, id say close to 100 runners, The roads are full of potholes in places but council
are due out before the weekend to sort that,

I listen to the runners diary podcast, three cork lads, Some good advice, One of them said with his first marathon he adopted
a strategy of run for 8 minutes, walk 1 minute, He said when he got to the 6 mile mark he was walking, fellas passing him and roaring encouragement
but at the same time they thought he was a goner already, he continued with this strategy all the way and by mile 16 he passed many of those who
had passed him earlier,

Back to the consultant on Monday over dead leg situation and he’s confident it won’t kill me and it’s best left alone rather than making it worse with surgery.

As a result, I was thinking of how to avoid hitting my dead leg situation which is currently happening at three and a half miles. Totally dead.

Last week it took about two minutes to get feeling back after I stopped running so tonight I opted to run eight minutes and walk one in an attempt to fool my leg into thinking something else was happening and I comfortably finished five miles. Bit of numbness but no complete loss of feeling. Result. Won’t be hitting any PB’s but I can hopefully hit longer distances.

So Jimmy, you’re a genius. 😂

Last edited:
Back to the consultant on Monday over dead leg situation and he’s confident it won’t kill me and it’s best left alone rather than making it worse with surgery.

As a result, I was thinking of how to avoid hitting my dead leg situation which is currently happening at three and a half miles. Totally dead.

Last week it took about two minutes to get feeling back after I stopped running so tonight I opted to run eight minutes and walk one in an attempt to fool my leg into thinking something else was happening and I comfortably finished five miles. Bit of numbness but no complete loss of feeling. Result. Won’t be hitting any PB’s but I can hopefully hit longer distances.

So Jimmy, you’re a genius. 😂
Great stuff, First consultation was free,

how did Ballintotis go JimmY?

This morning was the first time I’ve got a run in since last weekend, the body is finally ok again.. some hit!

I really like the park run, love the atmosphere of it so got down this morning in the sunshine. Did the 5km and then carried on and did one more lap. Finished in 37.21 for 7.5km so just dipping under 5mins/km pace, could have kept it going for another lap and got a sub 50min 10km but I wanted to give my body a chance.. it was only ever meant to be a recovery run

Happy with that

how did Ballintotis go JimmY?

This morning was the first time I’ve got a run in since last weekend, the body is finally ok again.. some hit!

I really like the park run, love the atmosphere of it so got down this morning in the sunshine. Did the 5km and then carried on and did one more lap. Finished in 37.21 for 7.5km so just dipping under 5mins/km pace, could have kept it going for another lap and got a sub 50min 10km but I wanted to give my body a chance.. it was only ever meant to be a recovery run

Happy with that
Next thursday night for the race, 1000 entries as of last night,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking

Cornmarket Centre, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼