• UK

• US

• Syria

• Nort Korea

• Egypt

• Serbia

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoundMan

In the wake of the Israeli Ambassador to Ireland claiming Ireland's recognition of Palestinian State would be rewarding terrorism, and Micheal Martin saying that's a ridiculous stance, I thought it might be interesting to get the opinion of people here as to what they consider to be a Terrorist State, and, more importantly, why you think whichever country(ies) you list ARE Terrorist States.

I think most (if not everybody) would say that Russia is a Terrorist State because they've invaded Ukraine and continute to hold a chunk of it in a colonial land-grab, and have for decades fomented dissension in a number of countries around the world in order to put in a regime to their liking, rather than to the liking of the people native to said countries.

I think Israel is a Terrorist State given what it's done to Palestinians in Palestine.

I think Serbia was a Terrorist State given the brutal war it inflicted on its neighbours after Yougoslavia broke up. Not sure if Serbia will always be a Terrorist State though

Here in the West it's probably not as easy to declare other countries who've done similar to Russia but to which we are generally aligned.

It would be easier if there was a set of principles which if a Country breaks then they could legitimately be classed as being a terrorist state.

PROC limits the list for the poll but please feel free to post if you've any more to add to the list and please give a reason of why you think it should be deemed as such. Perhaps it's because their leader is a dictator, or is discriminating against one particular sect of his country's people etc

"Nort Korea"?

Is that the posh part?

No states from Africa or even Pakistan mockery.

No Libya or Cuba or Columbia and Venezuela.

In the wake of the Israeli Ambassador to Ireland claiming Ireland's recognition of Palestinian State would be rewarding terrorism, and Micheal Martin saying that's a ridiculous stance, I thought it might be interesting to get the opinion of people here as to what they consider to be a Terrorist State, and, more importantly, why you think whichever country(ies) you list ARE Terrorist States.

I think most (if not everybody) would say that Russia is a Terrorist State because they've invaded Ukraine and continute to hold a chunk of it in a colonial land-grab, and have for decades fomented dissension in a number of countries around the world in order to put in a regime to their liking, rather than to the liking of the people native to said countries.

I think Israel is a Terrorist State given what it's done to Palestinians in Palestine.

I think Serbia was a Terrorist State given the brutal war it inflicted on its neighbours after Yougoslavia broke up. Not sure if Serbia will always be a Terrorist State though

Here in the West it's probably not as easy to declare other countries who've done similar to Russia but to which we are generally aligned.

It would be easier if there was a set of principles which if a Country breaks then they could legitimately be classed as being a terrorist state.

PROC limits the list for the poll but please feel free to post if you've any more to add to the list and please give a reason of why you think it should be deemed as such. Perhaps it's because their leader is a dictator, or is discriminating against one particular sect of his country's people etc
Serbia still has the skeletons of the 90s Balkan war coursing through its veins of Government. Not much has changed, NATO on its doorstep only thing stopping it all kicking off again.

"Nort Korea"?

Is that the posh part?

No states from Africa or even Pakistan mockery.

No Libya or Cuba or Columbia and Venezuela.

Exactly which part of "PROC limits the list for the poll but please feel free to post if you've any more to add to the list and please give a reason of why you think it should be deemed as such." are you having difficulty with?

PROC limited the number of countries that I could add to the poll hence the above.

Pretend, just for a moment, that you're debating the actual topic rather than trying to have a pop off the poll originator.

Fair enough - I wasn't sure whether or not they were still viewed as a Terrorist State or not.
Balkans are always on the brink of war. Serbia and Russia are currently stirring a pot in Bosnia and Herzegovina which never stopped "boiling" really, it's only matter of time something will happen there in between Bosnians (Muslim), Serbs (Eastern Orthodox) and Croatians (Roman Catholic), yes, it's still about the faith and nationality down there.

That's not fair.
That's the beast, Croatians (Roman Catholics) were always protecting Europe from Turks (Muslim), as a result of Croatian success, you have a lot of Turkish (Muslim) influence in Bosnia and Serbia. Bulgaria and Romania along with Macedonia and Serbia are eastern orthodox, Croatians are the only ones that are Roman Catholic, Albania Muslim, Kosovo Muslim, Montenegro Orthodox too. Balkan is a melting pot of everything and anything. What I would be concerned about is Bosnia and Herzegovina at the moment, that will explode soon and get split, it's a matter of months I'd say

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Jezahel- Vampires Can't Weld

The Pavilion, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼