Luke Humphries
Michael Van Gerwen
Michael Smith
Luke Littler
Nathan Aspinall
Gerwyn Price
Rob Cross
Peter Wright.

A serious Line-Up and could be anyones to win.
I'm gonna back Humphries to do it, as he was left out last year and in interviews said it was the best decision they did as he came back to prove them wrong which he did. So with current rankings and being world champion he will want to keep the ranking.

Be interesting to see how Littler gets on balancing school, travel etc.
I would hate to see him be burned out like Josh Rock was.

Littler quit school.
Correct I stand corrected, in interviews etc one reason they said he might not be included is cause of school. However that is not the case.

Not sure about Peter Wright he's a fan favorite but I think he's past it I'm surprised Chris Dobey or Stephen Bunting didn't make the cut over him both are fan favorites too and playing better than Wright, Dobey in particular.

Id like to know what kind of averages the likes of Bristow were throwing at their peak,

It was almost unheard of for players to hit 100+ averages until Phil Taylor came along. When Taylor was doing it on a regular basis, it was rare for any other player to hit 100+, especially over a longer format.

Bristow and his cohort often won with mid to high 80 averages. Anything over 90 was considered top tungsten and 95+ which Bristow sometimes did, was unbeatable.

Bristow only had three 100+ TV averages in his whole career and none of these were in the World Championships.

The standard today is on a different level but so is the prize money, dedication, and professionalism of the players. And the pool of players is on a vastly different level today.

Fair play to the lads who split from the now defunct BDO and risked their livelihoods by setting up the WDC, which then became the PDC. Today's players owe them a huge debt of gratitude, as darts was dying a slow death until they broke away after the 1993 BDO World Championships.

It was almost unheard of for players to hit 100+ averages until Phil Taylor came along. When Taylor was doing it on a regular basis, it was rare for any other player to hit 100+, especially over a longer format.

Bristow and his cohort often won with mid to high 80 averages. Anything over 90 was considered top tungsten and 95+ which Bristow sometimes did, was unbeatable.

Bristow only had three 100+ TV averages in his whole career and none of these were in the World Championships.

The standard today is on a different level but so is the prize money, dedication, and professionalism of the players. And the pool of players is on a vastly different level today.

Great post GM. 👍

On the bolded bit, I heard Littler mention he was going to treat himself to some vapes.

The traditionalists would be disgusted.

Vaping??

It’s the arrows equivalent of when Roy Keane embraced yoga.

Fair play to the lads who split from the now defunct BDO and risked their livelihoods by setting up the WDC, which then became the PDC. Today's players owe them a huge debt of gratitude, as darts was dying a slow death until they broke away after the 1993 BDO World Championships.
The winner got 12k in 1986,

The winner got 12k in 1986,

1994 WDC/PDC World Champ got £16,000, 1995 got £12,000, 1996 got £14,000.

In the early days of the PDC, often they couldn't afford to pay the prize money, so players were instead given shares in the PDC. Phil Taylor and Dennis Priestley were two such players. Turned out well in the end!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Corner House, Coburg St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Not Another Disco

The Pavilion, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼