Recent content by CaptainSensible

1. C

Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

I would imagine SF would score higher in an anonymous poll. I doubt Soundy himself would express his support for SF in front of his well heeled neighbours, they'd think god forbid they had a council house in their midst. In fairness to Soundy, and for all his faults and absurdities, even he...
  2. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sometimes a little flick there can be 10 times more painful than a haymaker. It's similar to the funny bone, the point of contact can be far bigger issue than the amount of force used. Not saying that is what happened Hayes, just giving you a heads up if you ever think it might be hilarious to...
  3. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'm not sure, I think he may have panicked a bit. There were two Limerick defenders in the square and Kingstons momentum was taking him away from the goal. I think Cork would have done well to get a goal out of it if he didn't drag him down. I suppose in real time Hayes wasn't to know where the...
  4. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Unfortunately even if things go our way next week it is still out of our hands. A Limerick Waterford draw would put both of them above us.
  5. C

Cork city has gone to the dogs.

I'd say it is a bit more nuanced than that. If I see you commit a crime than I know you are guilty even in the eyes of the law you are innocent until proven guilty. Similarly if I don't see you, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise and thus believe in the...
  6. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I don't suppose you know what station it is on?
  7. C

The Official Athletics Thread

What I find even more amazing is that by a country mile they are the best looking relay team in the world, when did we ever think we could say that about any Irish team. Adeleke and Healy are good looking but Mawdsley and Becker are out of this world. The Irish Olympic council are definitely...
  8. C

Immigration Thread

Tbf this case indicates immigration policies are a shambles in the whole EU and not just here. I would have thought it should be a zero sum game i.e if you are denied asylum then you must leave, or vice versa. Yet, in the above, the guy was denied it in Italy and was free to roam about and...
  9. C

Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

From a Russian point of view being paid is yuan is not an issue as they then use this yuan to buy Chinese goods, where trade between the two countries has reached record levels. The thing is the whole price cap was never meant to be draconian with regards to Russian interests, merely to...
  10. C

I thought if he was consistent he would have been whinging about all the unjust penalties the Troika imposed on us, and that the well known anti Irishman John Beaton was spotted drinking in a pub around the corner from the IMF headquarters in Washington. No he actually gave them credit for...
  11. C

So we were insolvent and not bankrupt.
  12. C

Were we actually declared bankrupt as a country though? And if so does that mean we no longer exist like Rangers? So, tell me what are we now to be called?
  13. C

Having been a staunch Sinn Fein supporter all my life I'm a bit taken back by the current direction the party is taking, especially with our promises to build thousands of houses which I feel goes against our ideology and is the polar opposite of our strengths. We are a party of demolition not...
  14. C

Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

Certainly the republicans must share some blame for their actions of lack of, but I think the major issue is a structural one. At the beginning of the war many western countries donates their excess arms but are/were unwilling to go below what they deem to be their minimum requirement for their...