Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

Nope, wrong again , not as clever as you like to think. I noticed you berating for a period of time one of the most salt of the earth posters on here a few months ago till he just started to ignore you, shows me what you are really all about ,behind you're keyboard.
Okay DD, put down the beer, log off the keyboard, go to bed and the forum will be a different place in the morning :lol!:
It's your by the way, see I am clever. Salt of the earth posters on the PROC? :lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!:

I did notice it, the response was incorrect, embalmers are saying this is new pathology, they haven't seen it before. I don't give a feck waht people want to do with their lives I know for certain I'm seeing a hell of alot of people I personally know die unexpectedly last 2 years ,in fact t another 2 since I last posted ,under 50, through gaa and work.
Sorry m8, I'm going with the PhD over the embalmers. No offence like.

It's okay to disagree withPhDs btw, just know that their opinion carries more weight than yours.

For instance, I like the odd bet. A few months ago I was listening to a woman talk about addiction, and more specifically gambling addiction.Something I have read a little bit about myself. I completely disagreed with her

But guess what. She's a PhD, I've read a few books. Her opinion carries far more weight than mine. So again, I'm going with the guy who contradicted John. Now I lost interest in checking the thread after a few days.

So if Dr John got back to the other Doctor and beat him in the 'argument', link me up.

Right OK, where do we start, nowhere thats going to bring us to a reasonable discussion on the very many issues that face this country and how we can begin to mitigate against them and bring about longterm sustainable solutions, that's where!!

I have stated before that I have so many issues and frustrations with the current government and many previous ones on the constant mismanagement of various Departments of State that have left the country's public and many private services in the state that they are in. This decay has taken place over many years and decades, and it is due due the lack of foresight by senior civil servants not having any clear forward vision on how to adequately invest reinvest in infrastructure and services on a multiplier effect, aka build it and they will come. The better the public transport, the more they will use it, the more inclined they are to live in the area serviced by it, developers will build there, people buy property there, business set up there, company's open offices there and the place thrives, people want to live there because of all those things that make the place what it is, because its invested in.

Now that's a long one, if your still with me and asking where I'm going with this? Like I said my frustration lies with our administrations for not having the forward vision to implement what I've spoken about above. That's my frustration............

Derek Blighes awnser........ITS THE FOREIGNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where I really get passed off, when I want someone with a real brain and vision to come out and present an alternative that we can all buy into, what do we get, a Racist, misogynistic, homophobic idiot.

This guy who stood outside Abbeyville with his arm around Andy Heasman, a man who beat his partner with the attachment of a hoover and sent her into early labour and was ran out of his estate in Dublin for pushing Heroine on teenagers.

"Oh but the mainstream media won't report what I want them to, but gript says this"

I'll ask one thing, with all these protests happening around, why don't the ever protest at illegal haulting sites?
Great post Ollie.

It's probably the most divisive issue in Irish politics right now. I, and a few others, saw this coming long down the road. I think, North Wall was the big one. Up to that there had been rumblings that were largely NIMBY protests out in the sticks and didn't really have much of an impact on the news. Then there was COVID, which seemed to radicalise those who were in all honesty, just waiting to be radicalised by anyone other than the Left.

I remember(don't ask me to find it) telling Soundy that the SF support base will dilute over this and he was adamant that it would not be so. They've (thankfully) changed their tune recently and taking some kind of stand, when previously, you had the likes of T Gould saying on radio, "lets not turn this into a political issue".

And this is the problem. All that time local political leadership was lacking/absent when it came to engaging with communities about what is happening to the make up of their towns. 0 foresight with regard to potential problems arising out of dropping large concentrations of people into already struggling infrastructures. Into that void steps Blighe and his kind. How in the name of all that is decent, can a clown like that be seen as a viable alternative? The thing is, he's on a bit of a roll if social media vox pops are anything to go by. And the secret ballot box will allow many to vent their misguided frustrations/closeted bigotry without shame. Straight Fail for all who claim to represent their respective communities on that front.

I have my own views on dealing with this that involve compassion for what are the most desperate and vulnerable people on this planet but not at the disregard for those who are already here. Thing is, I am struggling to find a party, right now, that express my feelings.

Sorry m8, I'm going with the PhD over the embalmers. No offence like.

It's okay to disagree withPhDs btw, just know that their opinion carries more weight than yours.

For instance, I like the odd bet. A few months ago I was listening to a woman talk about addiction, and more specifically gambling addiction.Something I have read a little bit about myself. I completely disagreed with her

But guess what. She's a PhD, I've read a few books. Her opinion carries far more weight than mine. So again, I'm going with the guy who contradicted John. Now I lost interest in checking the thread after a few days.

So if Dr John got back to the other Doctor and beat him in the 'argument', link me up.
I know plenty of gambling addicts and you know what ,it wasn't a PhD who stopped them gambling or having a gamble for over 20 years , it was a bunch of other gambling addicts who did.
The professionals just wanted to load them up with meds.So read away.

I know plenty of gambling addicts and you know what ,it wasn't a PhD who stopped them gambling or having a gamble for over 20 years , it was a bunch of other gambling addicts who did.
The professionals just wanted to load them up with meds.So read away.

Ah sure why study or read at all?. :rolleyes:

Anyway, did John get back to the PhD??? If not, why would you think he didn't?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼