The Premier League Thread 23/24

Its only agreed in principle and will go to their AGM

There's no major reason to think that they'd subsequently shoot it down at their AGM, is there? (genuinely don't know)

The PFA will never agree to it as it could very likely lead to a wage cap.

Stop taking the click bait m8

Regulation like this feels like a positive thing for the internal competitiveness of the PL.

I'd assume the PFA can't actually veto it, but will have a chance to give their $0.02 which may lead to some tweaks.

Or are you saying that the PFA have to approve it for it to come into effect?

(Would seem a little odd, as it's not legislation specific to any specific player's contract / salary)

There's no major reason to think that they'd subsequently shoot it down at their AGM, is there? (genuinely don't know)

Regulation like this feels like a positive thing for the internal competitiveness of the PL.

I'd assume the PFA can't actually veto it, but will have a chance to give their $0.02 which may lead to some tweaks.

Or are you saying that the PFA have to approve it for it to come into effect?

(Would seem a little odd, as it's not legislation specific to any specific player's contract / salary)

If they bring in a spending cap the clubs can quite reasonably say they can no longer afford to pay astronomical wages and stay within spending limits.

The PFA have already stated they would oppose any such move.

I dont see it going ahead as it would prove ruinous for English clubs European chances.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼