Where in Cork am I?

Never heard of it! Is it swimable?
I wouldn't from this place but between here and Cuskinny there is Glenmore beach that I've been to on a number of occasions, small and remote with picnic benches. I've seen many swim here when the tide is in, nearly all women. It's horrible when the tide is out, very stoney, but lovely when the tide is in. I think it's a regular spot for some who know the tides. Parking for 4-6 cars. I've only ever seen 2 besides myself.

Edited to add, when the tide is out you can walk to Marlogue woods along the beach.

Glenmore.jpg

Aghada is in the distance. This was taken from a place just beyond Cuskinny. I think it's called Ballybrassil.
Wah, missed this one (out of the country). Looks like Ballybrassil alright. You can drive straight down to it (next right past Walterstown school) but note it's a tiny 'car park' (about 3 cars) although it's not exactly top of the tourist trail either. Very steep approach (walked it enough times - you'll know all about it walking uphill!). You can also join the 21 Ditches walk either direction from just above here. Yip, you can walk all the way to Marlogue when the tide is low, and Glenmore the other direction maybe (can't remember).

*Kids will have great fun at Ballybrassil in the aftermath of rain by putting sticks (or whatever) into one of the storm drains uphill, and running down (note, no passing traffic here so no problem) to watch them shoot out of the outlet onto the beach rivulet leading to the water.

I wouldn't from this place but between here and Cuskinny there is Glenmore beach that I've been to on a number of occasions, small and remote with picnic benches. I've seen many swim here when the tide is in, nearly all women. It's horrible when the tide is out, very stoney, but lovely when the tide is in. I think it's a regular spot for some who know the tides. Parking for 4-6 cars. I've only ever seen 2 besides myself.

Edited to add, when the tide is out you can walk to Marlogue woods along the beach.

View attachment 32676
Glenmore is definitely swimmable - I've seen kids swimming there. Start of the 21 Ditches too.

Glenmore is definitely swimmable - I've seen kids swimming there. Start of the 21 Ditches too.
You posted G. Maps pix before and last week I walked the short distance from Glenmore to Ballybrassil. Hoping soon to do the full distance from Glenmore to Marlogue, around the woods and back. My daughter walked from Glenmore to Marlogue by beach and around (tide fully out).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

The Flames

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼