2024 Junior A Football Championship

Carbery is definitely the most open division where plenty teams will feel they can win it. Barryroe won all knockout games last year aet which shows how tight the division is. Too early to call a winner. I would expect the county winner to once again come from muskerry. Seems to be the strongest division currently.

I’d agree with Carbery being the most competitive grade but I think the County is wide open this year. Muskerry have lost Canovee and Kilmurry over last 2 years. A significant drop off in quality to Inniscarra or Aghinagh which should even up the county grade.

I reckon next seasons county element to this grade will have a lot of very tight games. Killavullen to win it for me, but wouldn’t be surprised if Ballygarven got over the line. Was impressed with them last season and should have beaten Mayfield.

Having said all that, It’s so early in the year you don’t know what players are moving away. At this level it only takes 1 or 2 fellas to head away to Oz to affect a team massively.

Kilmacabea have no Coach. Apparently winging it for the foreseeable! That attitude won't win a West Cork and most definitely not a County and I agree, their age profile isn't good.
They have asked ALOT of people to come on board as Coach, all to no avail.
Barryroe will win the West Cork . And possibly the County in my opinion. They rightfully tore the ass out of celebrating last year's West cork and Kiely was a huge loss to them also.

The bal player in question was a cork minor for last year, unsure as to how the negotiations are going, I’ve heard the rumour of the kilbrittain transfer but I don’t know who players in question are.

This grade really is very weak at the moment. Agree with the narrative that Kilmacabea have missed the boat and with the absence of Canovee there isn’t a whole lot of quality remaining. Seems like there is an opening for some new team to come to the fore so will be interesting to see who spots the gap and goes for it. Could be a year for a Hurling team from east cork knocked out of the hurling early to win it or maybe even a second team to make waves. Someone like Castlehaven could take a lot of beating in Carbery next year. Nevertheless this grade has been left wide open

Any truth to the rumour that Bal have had a player transfer to Carbery Rangers and Kilbrittain have 3 players gone to Clon ?

This grade really is very weak at the moment. Agree with the narrative that Kilmacabea have missed the boat and with the absence of Canovee there isn’t a whole lot of quality remaining. Seems like there is an opening for some new team to come to the fore so will be interesting to see who spots the gap and goes for it. Could be a year for a Hurling team from east cork knocked out of the hurling early to win it or maybe even a second team to make waves. Someone like Castlehaven could take a lot of beating in Carbery next year. Nevertheless this grade has been left wide open
Carbery Rangers with their new signing, John Hayes, a few more retirees and a few senior subs from last year who are going on J1s could be ones to watch in Carbery

Carbery was the only division that had a close divisional final in 2023. The winners in each division won very easy. You’d expect most of those winners to come through again in 2024 but with players other commitments that might not pan out at all.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼