2024 Junior A Football Championship

Carbery was the only division that had a close divisional final in 2023. The winners in each division won very easy. You’d expect most of those winners to come through again in 2024 but with players other commitments that might not pan out at all.
True. You'd imagine Michael's will be strong favourites in the city though.

True. You'd imagine Michael's will be strong favourites in the city though.
Depends on how they go at senior and how many of the group are involved. Apparently, there is an about 5 of last years seniors out this year due to travel etc, add in a few injuries during the year etc and as all of that impacts further down your junior panel won’t be long thinning out.

Second teams will have a big impact in this years junior championship, especially if a team have a few very good minors that are ineligible to play county competitions
It’s an interesting one
But at the moment I can’t think of any minor that is so good that they could win a clubs 2nd team team a junior county.
In the past, I think U18s actually didn’t feature so well at junior level, most struggled, but they did much better at the higher grades where the game is more open and faster.
Have you a few players in mind that can impact the junior championship in 2024?

It’s an interesting one
But at the moment I can’t think of any minor that is so good that they could win a clubs 2nd team team a junior county.
In the past, I think U18s actually didn’t feature so well at junior level, most struggled, but they did much better at the higher grades where the game is more open and faster.
Have you a few players in mind that can impact the junior championship in 2024?
Not so much individual players , was just looking at how successful Eire og and in particular the havens u17’s were last year, surely 2/3 players from both teams can improve their respected adult second teams

Not so much individual players , was just looking at how successful Eire og and in particular the havens u17’s were last year, surely 2/3 players from both teams can improve their respected adult second teams
The Haven are nowhere near winning Junior in West Cork. You have junior matches down there where you might have 5-6 + players who have played Cork senior or 20s.
I don’t recall minors ever propelling a 2nd team to win a county?

The Haven are nowhere near winning Junior in West Cork. You have junior matches down there where you might have 5-6 + players who have played Cork senior or 20s.
I don’t recall minors ever propelling a 2nd team to win a county?
Who do you think will win both the west cork and county? I’m not saying haven will win it, still think Barryroe will retain it and between them and killavullen for county IMO

Whoever wins Muskerry will be favourites imo prob Inniscarra/Aghinagh/Ballincollig. A second team from the city or a ‘hurling’ team from East Cork could be in the mix, Barryroe, Castlemagner and Killavullen. Barryroe won a very tight west cork last year and while they should be better for it, there are an awful lot of teams that could cause them problems in Carbery and only one needs to beat them. Killavullen and Castlemagner should come from the North and are not to be underestimated. Both young teams.

Who do you think will win both the west cork and county? I’m not saying haven will win it, still think Barryroe will retain it and between them and killavullen for county IMO
I don’t know, but I very much doubt it will be a 2nd team will win either.
In West Cork, it’s the best most competitive championship at Junior A by far with about 4-5 strong junior teams.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼