Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Not true. A lot of 'the rest' was about him getting hit and going down hurt. Some saw 'cleverness' and one person said he went down easily. Just becasue you've painted it black and white and have kept crying about it since, doesn't make your perspective the right one. No more than it does mine. People saw the incident differently. I still believe the whole thing would not have happened but for the playacting by the manager on the sideline moments before.
he was in his arse hurt :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
The red card was rescinded because he didnt get hit. The manager held onto the ball for 2 seconds, the cork player reacted
Clare then won a free which would have put us 12 to 5 up.
Keane celebrated in Buckleys face. Buckley didnt like it and shouldered him. Keane returned the exact same contact. Buckley dived, the cork bench charged the linesman screaming headbutt. The linesman called the ref who then red carded keane. after the game clare management were told it was for striking with the hurley. that never happened so the refs report said some nonsense about Keane hitting Buckley with his hand and they couldnt even make that stick.
Awful behaviour from Buckley

Unless Robbie is carrying an injury there's no justification for not starting him. Beggars believe that a player we rely on to drive hard at defences and score doesn't get a chance. Their now knocking the confidence out of players like previous managers did. Your reward for playing consistently well over the early stages is have a seat bud if screwd up a bit in one game. Being ruthless doesn't always mean being smart.
I’d go as far as to say put Robbie in full foward with Connolly and feed them fast ball every time not this fuck arsing around with it, we would win the match. I hope this is the plan for the second half

Instabroke

Pat Ryan had the players of 3 AI U-20 winning teams and should have a huge insight as he managed 2 of them but not only are we looking at poor selections but we are also seeing that the transition of players is too slow from U-20 to senior under his management. Daire O'leary was on the panel and wasn't given any game time, Brian O'Sullivan walked and seemed disillusioned with the carry on, Colin O'Brien is the leader of the Fitzgibbon Cup champions but disregarded by Ryan and Co. It's not about swapping over but it is about selecting the right troops, their development and backing them in the trenches. Also what Pat Ryan advocated regarding direct hurling has not been implemented.

Daire O Leary came on as a sub v clare in the munster league. He didnt look to be anywhere near the level needed for Senior intercounty.
Colin O brien was excellent for Mary I but he has a bit to do on his hurling to play senior intercounty.
I would rate Sean Twomey a bit higher than him and he is struggling to make it.

TOM is not a back ffs. Hoggie and Harnedy shouldn't be starting. Not ruthless enough at this level.
I think the fact that Hoggy and harnedy were our best players last year against Limerick stood to them. Hopefully Eoin Downey will deliver a solution to long time full back position and 40K people watching game on Sunday will galvanize this team to victory.

Coleman not starting because he picked up a knock last weekend, people rant and rave about SOD, looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Zero hurling, zero touch, strong as an Ox, he’s a lot like Cahalane but probably has less hurling. Embarrassing that he is our captain. Good young fella, heart of gold but look back on every cork captain over the last 25 years… just shows you where we are at!!

Unless Robbie is carrying an injury there's no justification for not starting him. Beggars believe that a player we rely on to drive hard at defences and score doesn't get a chance. Their now knocking the confidence out of players like previous managers did. Your reward for playing consistently well over the early stages is have a seat bud if screwd up a bit in one game. Being ruthless doesn't always mean being smart.
Perhaps given Robbies recent injury history they are trying to protect him for the long term, we saw what happened last year when put straight in after an injury.
A repeat wouldn't be a good thing .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hank Wedel
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Open Mic Night

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼