Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Yet another completely underwhelming team selection by Pat Ryan. Totally and utterly out of his depth at this level.
Desperation stuff now as the realisation hits we are heading out of the championship. Couple of wins against wexford and weak opposition and everyone thought we were all Ireland challengers. To make 6 changes is admission of abject failure.

Couple of wins against wexford and weak opposition and everyone thought we were all Ireland challengers
Genuinely, I haven’t met one person this year who spoke about us as All Ireland challengers.
The same auld same auld is the general view.

The very last discussion I had about the Waterford game was in our club the evening before the game and 3 out of the 4 lads in the group tipped Waterford including 1 ex Cork hurler. There wasn’t any big debate or shock factor that Waterford would get their game together with lads back after the winter and beat us. Fellas agreed that the Cork team named was disappointing, our players just arent good enough and no sign of many generational young players coming through.
I know there has been plenty optimism on here alright and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Basically its whoever picks themselves up better sunday from the losses will win , if ya remember the Waterford v Limerick game last year , it was a close enough game for 60 to 65 mins with Limerick pulling through , the following week both teams lose . I think people dont see the week turn around has a massive bearing. Clare had a unbelievablely tough game last Sunday, playing very well for 50 mins, can you say the same about Cork , i think Cork will scrape it with fresher legs. Regarding Robbie Flynn and Mark Coleman to me theyre are not match fit so bringing them on in second half would be a correct call. I think we need to see Brian Hayes and Connolly in around the square and feed them the ball and not out to corner flags , correct ball into them and you will have goals , I fear for hoggy as his legs are gone, cant get away causing him to shoot under pressure . Basically we need blood and thunder Sunday which we didnt get last week. Theyll have to show major bottle to win this game.

first of all cork are going nowhere as long as Horgan Hardney and Lehane. 3 fellas who played the 2013 all Ireland final. And if you needed any proof last Sunday was it. You can’t have any passengers in this day and age.

Second of all cork need to front up physically I saw Downey giving a Waterford player a knee up the arse off the ball thinking he was a great man but when the hard shoulders were coming in he was found wanting.

Cork need a few home truths but they have the ability to beat Clare but have they the desire to win. They certainly didn’t have the desire to win last Sunday.

Also I do think there is somebody else calling the shots. You have 5 hurling men on the sideline now if we can see the errors they surely can.

Question why the fcuk is dr con still around on the scene..

first of all cork are going nowhere as long as Horgan Hardney and Lehane. 3 fellas who played the 2013 all Ireland final. And if you needed any proof last Sunday was it. You can’t have any passengers in this day and age.

Second of all cork need to front up physically I saw Downey giving a Waterford player a knee up the arse off the ball thinking he was a great man but when the hard shoulders were coming in he was found wanting.

Cork need a few home truths but they have the ability to beat Clare but have they the desire to win. They certainly didn’t have the desire to win last Sunday.

Also I do think there is somebody else calling the shots. You have 5 hurling men on the sideline now if we can see the errors they surely can.

Question why the fcuk is dr con still around on the scene..
Harnedy was unlucky to be taken off last Sunday. He wasn’t the worst & had scored 2 points. One of our best players last year. I’ve no idea why/how he is being lumped in with Lehane & Hoggie. It must be agism

i saw Harnedy at one stage going for a ball and he had a 3-4 advantage and yet was still beaten for the ball.. His pace is gone
It isn’t all just about pace too in fairness. Plenty of our greats in history werent the fastest. Harnedy played alright the last day, far better than the other 2 lads he is lumped in with.

Of the 3 lads I think Harnedy deserves his place, but the other 2 don’t based on last week and the league matches I saw. Unfortunately Hoggy is last out of the 3 and I don’t understand why management are persisting with him. Lehane actually won a few balls last week but was very erratic in his shooting and that stands out.

I would also have Saunderson in instead of Collins.

Agree it doesn’t look good for the management team with this many changes but it had to be done and prefer that it has been done than only tinkering around the edges.

It isn’t all just about pace too in fairness. Plenty of our greats in history werent the fastest. Harnedy played alright the last day, far better than the other 2 lads he is lumped in with.
In fairness, both of ye are right. I saw the same incident. The mind was willing but the flesh was weak. But of the 3 he definitely was the best. He has been a great servant to Cork, actually, A LEADER, of which we've had damn few since last all irl win. For however long he's on the pitch on Sunday you're guaranteed he'll give 110%.

Pat Ryan’s performance so far is broadly in line with Kingston’s Meyler. Similar levels and results achieved. Often a lack of acknowledgment that our players are not as good as some make out here. Particularly the likes of red and blue who would have you believe we have no competition

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Luke Combs Uk
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Teachers Lounge (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼