Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’m sorry now and this is no disrespect to Mark but you just cannot carry nice hurlers in the middle 8 against Limerick in the hope they can pick up breaking ball.
I actually agree with you but isn't your plan to do the exact same thing he says but with Fitzy instead of Colman as the extra man in midfield? For what it's worth I think I might agree with this as well.
Id love three ball winners in the half forwards but who are they and who do we replace them with when they are knackered or injured?
Also the Clare game showed up the fallacy of putting on the 'nice' players 'when the game has opened up'.
I'm sorry but both Flynn and Colman have done nothing to earn a start or even a sub slot. Same as Lehane and Meade. On current form none of that 4 would make any impact.
Question is where does that leave us and why don't we have more young lads for the bench?

Team for Saturday,
1.Patrick Collins, Ballinhassig(too late to try anyone else)
2.Niall O’ Leary,Castlelyons
3.Eoin Downey,Glen Rovers
4.Sean O’ Donoghue,Inniscarra (c)
5.Damien Cahalane,St Finbarr’s
6.Ciaran Joyce,Castlemartyr
7.Robert Downey,Glen Rovers
8.Ethan Twomey,St.Finbarr’s
9.Tim O’ Mahony,Newtownshandrum
9.Darragh Fitzgibbon,Charleville
10.Declan Dalton,Fr O’Neill’s
11.Darragh Fitzgibbon, Charleville
12.Seamus Harnedy,St Ita’s
13.Shane Barret, Blarney
14.Alan Connolly,Blackrock
15.Patrick Horgan,Glen Rovers

Fill the bench with youngsters like Cunningham, the Roches, young Cahalane etc.

I actually agree with you but isn't your plan to do the exact same thing he says but with Fitzy instead of Colman as the extra man in midfield? For what it's worth I think I might agree with this as well.
Id love three ball winners in the half forwards but who are they and who do we replace them with when they are knackered or injured?
Also the Clare game showed up the fallacy of putting on the 'nice' players 'when the game has opened up'.
I'm sorry but both Flynn and Colman have done nothing to earn a start or even a sub slot. Same as Lehane and Meade. On current form none of that 4 would make any impact.
Question is where does that leave us and why don't we have more young lads for the bench?

Team for Saturday,
13.Shane Barret, Blarney

To paraphrase Celtic fans..there's only 2 Darragh Fitzgibbons

What usual bias?

You could also flip your argument. Coleman walked back into the team after a broken jaw and lengthy spell off injuried. An argument could easily be made for pro Coleman bias from the mgmt team.
Sigh.
Read back over the myopic posts that dismiss Mark Coleman for being too "nice" a hurler.
The same people who routinely accuse the team of not bursting a gut then get apoplectic when DoC does the same on Sunday Game.
Hilarious.

For the record I was only half tuned into SG but looks like he was personal in his criticism towards players which is just flat out wrong.
There's no place for ex Cork players calling out current players right to wear the Cork jersey based on isolated snapshots of split second decisions made in games.

No, I’d have Fitzy at 11, not as a third midfielder. Darragh is the one guy who could do real damage to Limerick if others can win enough ball in the middle 8
I don’t know why your asking me that, I’d have two ball winners on the wings, Tim and Deccie. Seamus and Sean Twomey in reserve
This may be true
Flynn and Coleman are just returning from long term injuries, they are bound to be rusty. Lehane and Meade are fit all year and unfortunately are just not up to it

Team for Saturday,
13.Shane Barret, Blarney

I’d have a very similar team Ger Millerick at 5, Damien at 8, Tim at 10, Darragh at 11, Deccie at 12 and Seamus on the bench. We will need his influence in the second half

Sigh.
Read back over the myopic posts that dismiss Mark Coleman for being too "nice" a hurler.
The same people who routinely accuse the team of not bursting a gut then get apoplectic when DoC does the same on Sunday Game.
Hilarious.
He offered no solutions just threw his fellow county men under the bus. And there’s a difference between nobodies like us debating our opinions on a forum and a prominent ex cork hurler and failed manager doing so on live tv in front of the nation. He doesn’t even have the smarts to see it was a bad idea
For the record I was only half tuned into SG but looks like he was personal in his criticism towards players which is just flat out wrong.
There's no place for ex Cork players calling out current players right to wear the Cork jersey based on isolated snapshots of split second decisions made in games.
Well said, I 100% agree on this

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼