Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Culture needs to start at club level. Our Premier Senior Championship is a joke shop. Tippy tappy the name of the game. By far the weakest Co Champions in Munster come out every year.
It's an absolute mystery how that happened.
An absolute mystery.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Christ some lads are getting so wound up about what Donal Óg said which was true. Getting into a tizzy because he called out a pathetic example of defending and laziness to track back and stop a goal. That’s Junior B stuff, get back quickly and fill up the area where a goal can come from. He highlighted 6/7 members of the team so it wasnt blaming 1 lad which would be infair. One of the lads circled didn’t bother getting back into position in the All Ireland final either when Hegarty was on his own for at least 10 seconds and got the simplest goal. It’s easy see what he’s talking about with puck outs, lads here are absolutely obsessed with it when we barely have a forward that will stick up his hand for the ball and don’t have fellas willing to make the hard runs into space. The same problems continue and while I’ll go in hopeful Saturday, it’s hard to see how these same issues can suddenly be sorted in a week.

I think thats fair Cranky.

The killer for me and feel free to disagree. I think we should be on 4 points now but for bad selection and subs chosen. I really do which is beyond disappointing.

I'm a P Ryan fan but these questions need to be asked. He made a call starting Lehane in the wford game which backfired. A 20% scoring rate, 1 point from 5 shots. This is not Ryan fault, Starting him and then leaving him on for 50 mins. That is his fault.

He moved players to accomodate Coleman at wing back. Bringing him on as sub vs Clare. Did not work is being generous.

The subs policy, bringing Meade on in both games did not work, again I'm being generous.

We are losing close games this year and the above selection decisions and others are killing us.

Dogs of war at midfield are needed. Our closest are BR, TOC and E Twomey in that order IMO and yet Coleman and Meade are ahead in the picking order. What nessage does this give the whole Cork panel abd players at all levels. Beautiful to watch, skillfull hurler in, dogs with workrate, out.

S Twomey, B Roche, TOC, OUT

I talked alot about Coleman & Meade, they have and deserve my respect and support in the Cork jersey which they have in spades.
Very good and fair Post CorkFan

As I have said numerous times our biggest issues remain the coaching of the group collectively and individually and the culture within the group

How many of our players have improved as hurlers under the current set up?

How many of our players have improved through individual coaching under the current set up?

Has our team developed and grown under the current management?

Has our group developed a winning pattern of play that everyone knows their role within the system?

Where is the defensive cohesiveness evident in other teams?

Where is the dynamic attacking cohesiveness that is evident in other teams?

Has our group of players learnt that hard work and physicality are non negotiable at this level?

Is there a culture within the group of putting your body on the line for the team and working hard for the team?

Where is the manic aggression that is needed to be successful?

I’m not having a go at the management per say, this is going on donkeys years, but they are the questions I’d love answers for

Culture needs to start at club level. Our Premier Senior Championship is a joke shop. Tippy tappy the name of the game. By far the weakest Co Champions in Munster come out every year.
I’d rather our club championship where most teams have a chance of winning but the champions perform poorly in Munster compared to Waterford where they might as well put Ballygunners name on the cup again. Obviously you want the standards to improve but it’s a great championship I think in terms of competitiveness.

Christ some lads are getting so wound up about what Donal Óg said which was true. Getting into a tizzy because he called out a pathetic example of defending and laziness to track back and stop a goal. That’s Junior B stuff, get back quickly and fill up the area where a goal can come from. He highlighted 6/7 members of the team so it wasnt blaming 1 lad which would be infair. One of the lads circled didn’t bother getting back into position in the All Ireland final either when Hegarty was on his own for at least 10 seconds and got the simplest goal. It’s easy see what he’s talking about with puck outs, lads here are absolutely obsessed with it when we barely have a forward that will stick up his hand for the ball and don’t have fellas willing to make the hard runs into space. The same problems continue and while I’ll go in hopeful Saturday, it’s hard to see how these same issues can suddenly be sorted in a week.
The entire half back line failed in that clip but for one player it was glaringly obvious.

I disagree, culture comes from your flag ship team and players. If we got our senior team right it would sprinkle down to the clubs through the inter county players

Was anything Cusack said wrong?
If those boys haven't already been confronted with that by the video analyst in the Cork camp, then we have bigger problems then ever. Take personal opinions out of it Cusack was 100% correct. Plenty of fellas on here had already noted the same incident, and talk of embarrassing lads on National TV is wide of the mark too, those lads are playing in front of thousands live or on TV every week, if they can't accept that bit of constructive criticism then high level sport isnt the right place for them. BTW I reckon they are all big and bold enough to take it and hopefully they'll learn from it for Saturday night.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe In The Power Of Rock & Roll? - An Evening with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼