Irish Rail

Semi-State entity, useless public servants and unions have both Irish Rail and Bus Eireann in their pockets.

Dublin-Cork is the fastest mainline train on the island but it is still pathetic and it has not improved much for customers with their offering since the 1980's.

We also need a dedicated transport police service on busy public transport.

This should be a high-speed modern TGV type train Cork-Dublin-Belfast with a max 90 minute journey to our crime infested hellhole of a capital.

Polluting diesel train technology still being promoted by the Greens.

We have a Green member of an Oireachtas committee decrying the huge rail investment in Cork as the "so called second city" in stations, twin tracks and electrification etc. because Limerick gets nothing.

These people are so out of touch with reality and Cork has both the population and demand for better public transport.

Lol, 'Limerick-Shannon Metropolitan area', wewygi.

Usual parish pump nonsense, looking after their own patch.

Shur I remember the Craig Doyle ads for Irish Rail (10+) years ago that our new Spanish trains were going to have a 2hr service between Cork & Dublin.

Never happened ( supposedly the drivers wouldn't agree to it lol).

Compared to France or Germany our rail network is like something from Sub Saharan Africa.

Ryan is more interested in building cycle ways in Sligo than actually improving the rail network he is telling people to use instead of investing in Roads.

Shur I remember the Craig Doyle ads for Irish Rail (10+) years ago that our new Spanish trains were going to have a 2hr service between Cork & Dublin.

Compared to France or Germany our rail network is like something from Sub Saharan Africa.

Ryan is more interested in building cycle ways in Sligo than actually improving the rail network he is telling people to use instead of investing in Roads.

It was ever so. Pre Norman invasion, this island was a bunch of petty kings and chieftains knocking 9 shades of shit out of each other.

Today: Tribal GAA jersey politics. It's never really changed.

Not sure the railway infrastructure and rolling stock would be up to a 2hr service between Cork and Dublin tbh. Presumably there'd still be stops in Mallow (for the kirry animals) and Limerick Junction (for those from "the midwest counterbalance to Dublin/East Coast:ROFLMAO:") and Portalaoise for the Buffalos.

Not sure the railway infrastructure and rolling stock would be up to a 2hr service between Cork and Dublin tbh. Presumably there'd still be stops in Mallow (for the kirry animals) and Limerick Junction (for those from "the midwest counterbalance to Dublin/East Coast:ROFLMAO:") and Portalaoise for the Buffalos.

Found one of them (not the one I was on about), 15 years ago lol

If he's a guy with glasses in his late 50s early 60s I remember meeting him when 4 of us came back on the train from Dublin a few years ago. He approached us to tell us that we weren't actually allowed consume alcohol in the carriage. I didn't even know that Irish Rail had hosts tbh. He got chatting to us and quickly sussed that there'd be no hassle and he even sat across the aisle chatting with us for a while - he didn't take an offered bottle of beer but he'd no problem with us having the few we bought.

Struck me as a handy job he had tbh (I know, I know :cool:)

They do have random drug and alcohol testing so having a beer on duty is out obvs.

I drove to Citywest a few months ago and used the Luas Park N Ride. It was reasonably awful on the way into Dublin "city" centre, but on the way back it was like a scene from Voyage Of The Damned. Never again.

Many of those who promote the concept of using public transport fail to mention the simple fact that sharing a space with the dregs of society is something that many people actively avoid: it's why for instance I wouldn't eat in John Grace's Fried "Chicken" late at night, or go for a pint in The Flying Bottle. It's all about freedom of choice, which is why I choose to drive.

I had an early morning meeting in that shithole a couple of months ago.

The train>luas>dart would have taken too long and I'd not have made it.

Just drove up the night before, stayed over and was on the road home for half ten.

If they want people outside the Pale to use pubic transport they need to make it a viable alternative. At present it isn't.

You clearly have not been anywhere near Kent station, Little Island etc in a while then.
So far received 185M and is set to be completed by 2026???? :oops: They'd want to get a wriggle on because so far there's been precious little to see for the expenditure of 185M😞
Apart from the works starting on site and on other sites you are right of course.

1709810558372.png

Can you ever stop copying and pasting stuff from the Echo. The Echo like. :rolleyes:

If I want to hear unadulterated shite I'll give Tommy Gould a shout.

Please and Thanks

Can you ever stop copying and pasting stuff from the Echo. The Echo like. :rolleyes:

If I want to hear unadulterated shite I'll give Tommy Gould a shout.

Please and Thanks
Comrade Soundsk_y has been told over 3 times now that the focking Cork Commuter Rail works has focking started on site and he repeatedly needs graphic proof of same at least until the next time that he asks again.

He was the exact bloody same when all the works were being done to Cork Airport. Runway and security works etc.

Irish Rail even gave a full update to the Oireachtas yesterday but Comrade Soundsk_y ignored that also.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Public Service Broadcasting
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th Oct 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼