Irish Rail

Comrade Soundsk_y has been told over 3 times now that the focking Cork Commuter Rail works has focking started on site and he repeatedly needs graphic proof of same at least until the next time that he asks again.

He was the exact bloody same when all the works were being done to Cork Airport. Runway and security works etc.

Irish Rail even gave a full update to the Oireachtas yesterday but Comrade Soundsk_y ignored that also.

Has STARTED. They've already got 185M Euro according to you and the whole lot is supposed to be completed in 2026. Not sure about your world but here in the real world it's 2024 and there's precious little to see for an outlay of 185M they've already gotten!

Irish Rail improvements have been promised time and again for Cork and suburbia. We were previously assured it would all be done and dusted around was it 2006. Now we're promised it'll all be done by 2026.

As I said, they'll have to get a wriggle on, because at the current rate of "progress" they're extremely unlikely to have a proper suburban rail system up and running linking Cork and it's dormitory villages/towns to the north and east in the next 2 years.

Most people believe the evidence of their own eyes and want to see the long over-due improvement in public travel in, to, and around our city, but shur, you can still tell us about those glossy brochure repeat promises and parrot the sound bites put out by PR companies. :rolleyes:

Finally, this last quote from useful idiot and local batshit crazy Green Party extremist Oliver Moran is nausea inducing for any proud Cork person:

"I know from talking to Transport Minister Eamon Ryan, that he’s committed. He’s very knowledgeable about Cork and has family connections here. "

Please, for the sake of Cork, don't give any of these chancers a transfer "for the environment" in the upcoming elections.

He certainly should be with such schemes as

Growing lettuce in South-facing window boxes to ride out the pandemic
Car sharing in rural towns with one car per 10 families
Reintroducing wolves to rural Ireland

Has STARTED. They've already got 185M Euro according to you and the whole lot is supposed to be completed in 2026. Not sure about your world but here in the real world it's 2024 and there's precious little to see for an outlay of 185M they've already gotten!

Irish Rail improvements have been promised time and again for Cork and suburbia. We were previously assured it would all be done and dusted around was it 2006. Now we're promised it'll all be done by 2026.

As I said, they'll have to get a wriggle on, because at the current rate of "progress" they're extremely unlikely to have a proper suburban rail system up and running linking Cork and it's dormitory villages/towns to the north and east in the next 2 years.

Most people believe the evidence of their own eyes and want to see the long over-due improvement in public travel in, to, and around our city, but shur, you can still tell us about those glossy brochure repeat promises and parrot the sound bites put out by PR companies. :rolleyes:
In the real world the contractors and design team only get fully paid (€185 million) once all the works are completed.

Should the Government just pay them in full tomorrow seeing as they have already started on site and on other sites?

The contractors and design team could have an amazing weekend this weekend if nothing else.

The €185 million are the funds allocated from the exchequer to cover the costs of these works.

phone the gardai and have them waiting at next station to remove your wan from the train,
I was the Guard on the 21 00 train from heuston to Cork, 5 carriages all no smoking, The ticket inspector reported a man smoking who refused to stop. I went down to him. He was the chairman of a well known Limerick Rugby team travelling back after a game. Big cigar in his mouth deliberatly blowing smoke in my face when i asked him to stop. We have no authority to eject passengers so i called the driver on my walkie talkie to get the guards at the next station which was Templemore. A Sergeant and 2 guards met us, and took him off. The funny side was a famous irish internation al tried to interfere with the process. I will always remember the sergeant saying " go back to your seat boy or you will join him"
I met a limerick driver a few days later who told me that the dogs in the street had heard the story. When they brought him back to the Barracks the guards rang his wife who had to drive to Templemore to pick him up. I bet he got some bolloking from her the langer.

In the real world the contractors and design team only get fully paid (€185 million) once all the works are completed.

Should the Government just pay them in full tomorrow seeing as they have already started on site and on other sites?

The contractors and design team could have an amazing weekend this weekend if nothing else.

The €185 million are the funds allocated from the exchequer to cover the costs of these works.

Whoa there little hossy!

You previously said it had recieved 185M from the Government SO FAR!

Has the 185M already been given over or has it not? And if it has, who did the government give it to? And if it has not been given why did you tell us that it had?

I think we've seen from the debacle that is the STILL unbuilt Children's Hospital that the Government drip feeding payment and waiting on a completion of the entire project before parting with the lions share of the money is not the way to sustainably run projects.

Pre-determined portions of the monies should be handed over on completion of each milestone along the way to completion. And if the contractors and design team want to get the project completed within the allocated time, they'll need to get a wriggle on.

Here's a nice picture from the Echo taken back in June 2023:
3632896_5_dashboardbig_Copy_20of_20inchicore-1.jpg

Finally, this last quote from useful idiot and local batshit crazy Green Party extremist Oliver Moran is nausea inducing for any proud Cork person:

"I know from talking to Transport Minister Eamon Ryan, that he’s committed. He’s very knowledgeable about Cork and has family connections here. "

Please, for the sake of Cork, don't give any of these chancers a transfer "for the environment" in the upcoming elections.

Sure what else would ya expect from some bollocks from Mayo

Whoa there little hossy!

You previously said it had recieved 185M from the Government SO FAR!

Has the 185M already been given over or has it not? And if it has, who did the government give it to? And if it has not been given why did you tell us that it had?
Have you any idea how public monies are allocated and spent?

The client in this case (Irish Rail) sought and got funding via Cabinet approval as taxpayer money is the funding allocated to the approved project.

The design team manage the construction phase with the appointed contractor with Irish Rail via an agreed contract and price including contingency.

Oversight on behalf of the State is via the comptroller and auditor general and Oireachtas Transport Committee (see yesterdays status report).

If you can simply imagine that the Government is the bank and the moniees once certified in claims by the contractor will be drawn down as and when required until the rail projects are complete.
1709817742094.png

I really cannot make it any simpler for you.

1709817663659.png

I can if you wish tell you that the entire €185 million is kept in an old storage cabinet underground at Kent Station if it makes you feel any better.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

5th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4:30pm

More events ▼