The Hurling Thread

They were 8 points up, granted the keeper should saved the 3rd goal, full back should have done better for goal 1 and goal 2 was a square ball but they collapsed badly here after playing well for 60 mins.
I don't think it was a square ball. Gillane was outside as Hegarty was lining up shot. Ball entered square at opposite side to where it was finished so was in square before Gillane ran in

Was in Ennis. Jesus I’m a tomato today.Tar melting heat proper championship feel. Clare will find that tough to psychologically recover from. Whether the goals were fortuitous or not at that stage they had collapsed and I felt any ball in would give us the chance to score. Was behind that goal and panic had struck. First quarter was nip and tuck. Both hurling as expected in first game of championship. Some good some bad some mistakes. Clare hurled really sharply for second quarter. Probably worth their lead at half time but certainly no panic in the Limerick terrace at that point. Felt if Limerick tightened up the accuracy we’d be there abouts. Quarter 3 is the interesting one. Clare sharp but that’s about as bad a quarter as I’ve seen by Limerick in 4 years. Nothing stuck. Awful awful wides. And as Kiely said even with Clare going out to 9 they actually were never putting tho foot on the throat. (Memories of them failing to put cork away last year In Ennis come to mind) Clare moved the ball quickly but completely ran out of juice in the final quarter. Physically looked spent when the Limerick purple patch came. An important 2 points.

I don't think it was a square ball. Gillane was outside as Hegarty was lining up shot. Ball entered square at opposite side to where it was finished so was in square before Gillane ran in
He was too far in when it came off the post to have been outside.
If he taps it in from the edge no problem but standing where he was, no chance.

Officials did not decide the game
Our frailties and limericks mentality did.

That's that.

If we repeat the performance Sunday with a bit of an improvement in touch I think we will win

Any drop off in standards though and Cork will win it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼