the wine thread

Don't think it was in Rioja Alta price range, Mangey_y. Got it on Decantalo if memory serves me. Grand for a Paella. C'mere Barbera and Cabernet Franc is a slightly strange blend. Nice?
Yeah, strange blend but I’m always drawn to trying these things and Barbera is one of my absolute favorites. It’s a meaty one, very earthy, and has that mushroom thing going on if it’s your thing, would be heavier than you’d expect from a barbera. The Cab Franc gives a little bit of spice

Lovely bottle of wine, has aged really well

By the way, the Pommal is about €25 a bottle here, I’m sure you prob got it for half that! For €25 I can get a 7 or 8 year old Vina Alberdi or Ardanza for the same price and both are outstanding

Yes, I know.. we’re fleeced, but at a certain price point it becomes less of a racket

Not sure if you’ve tried it, but if you come across Vina Alberdi give it a go. I think it’s superb, interestingly it’s the crianza I get here but you’d never know. Really nicely made wine
Yeah, the Alberdi is a bit like their entry level but still quality. I've had a few bottles over the years. I love the Ardanza and that fancy drop the 1904 or whatever it was called. Gone very expensive though.

Yeah, the Alberdi is a bit like their entry level but still quality. I've had a few bottles over the years. I love the Ardanza and that fancy drop the 1904 or whatever it was called. Gone very expensive though.
They have the 904 and then the 890 for the ultimate splash out! I’ve had the 904 but not the 890, the 904 was superb TBF, but the Ardanza is hard to beat for value IMO.

Hey De Mange_y, how much is the Ardanza Reserva normally? A fella near me is selling it at 22.80 or so in a Portes Ouvertes thing this coming weekend. Seems like a solid price cos I saw it 'reduced' to 26 bucks on Decantalo. The. guy is kosher now like, he's not selling it from the back of a van.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

BoolaBoom

Levis Corner House, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼