Official Boxing Thread

Andy Lee's stock will be through the roof now. I know there's still one fight to go but I've already reached the conclusion that these stacked cards are too much. Four fights (at least) that could headline anywhere in the world all on the same card....it's like eating a full bag of Haribo Tangfastics. It seems like something you'd want but when you get it, you realise it's too much.

Andy Lee's stock will be through the roof now. I know there's still one fight to go but I've already reached the conclusion that these stacked cards are too much. Four fights (at least) that could headline anywhere in the world all on the same card....it's like eating a full bag of Haribo Tangfastics. It seems like something you'd want but when you get it, you realise it's too much.
Ah I could watch another 5 fights 🥊🥊 I loved it.

Ah I could watch another 5 fights 🥊🥊 I loved it.
I thought there would be better contests on the card tbh.

Sonny vs Bam last week was a cracker but wee guys don't sell.
I'm not sure many would have seen tonight as being a parade of 1 sided beat downs, so I'm not blaming the match makers. It just wasn't the spectacular I was hoping for.

I thought there would be better contests on the card tbh.

Sonny vs Bam last week was a cracker but wee guys don't sell.
I'm not sure many would have seen tonight as being a parade of 1 sided beat downs, so I'm not blaming the match makers. It just wasn't the spectacular I was hoping for.
Facts. Bam must be close to being in the top 10 p4p. Tank being in that list is a joke. He has a regular belt, he has zero ambition. That’s what Floyd does with his fighters. He’s gone from Floyd now but the amount of ducking Floyd did with Tank was a joke. And he is a very talented fighter but it’s all about the money not the glory. But going back to sonny, he has it all except that mustard on his shots which is why he kinda had to engage with bam because he couldn’t keep him off him as bam is an excellent all around fighter with that ko power.

I agree regarding some of the fights were a joke tonight in fairness. But I’m delighted for Joe Parker and DDD and it was great to see AJ actually look like the terminator again (Maybe Steve Collins gave him a loan of his Walkman 😂) But seriously if he looks that impressive again then fury AJ is back on.

Last edited:
Facts. Bam must be close to being in the top 10 p4p. Tank being in that list is a joke. He has a regular belt, he has zero ambition. That’s what Floyd does with his fighters. He’s gone from Floyd now but the amount of ducking Floyd did with Tank was a joke. And he is a very talented fighter but it’s all about the money not the glory. But going back to sonny, he has it all except that mustard on his shots which is why he kinda had to engage with bam because he couldn’t keep him off him as bam is an excellent all around fighter with that ko power.

I agree regarding some of the fights were a joke tonight in fairness. But I’m delighted for Joe Parker and DDD and it was great to see AJ actually look like the terminator again (Maybe Steve Collins gave him a loan of his Walkman 😂) But seriously if he looks that impressive again then fury AJ is back on.
Sunny had me convinced that he'd do it. I was surprised with the approach he took but like you say, the lack of power sorta limited his options.

I'm really keen to see what Bam does higher up. I think in a few years we'll look at that performance with Edwards differently.

The emergence of the middle east and all the money that's there means there's no impediment to the really big fights getting made now. So Tank might be made to earn his corn now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Rage -ratm Tribute

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼