Bierhalle Popes Quay..

Anyone been to the Bierhalle yet? I had the impression that it would be something along of lines of those in Bavaria but apparently its not.

Anyone been to the Bierhalle yet? I had the impression that it would be something along of lines of those in Bavaria but apparently its not.

Not yet.
But apparently it's the same layout as Hardwood ( i.e, small restaurant in a retail space ) with small tables and much the same bottled beer menu as that of the Beirhaus which is run by the same people two doors away.
But they do " pair " beer with food on the menu if you're not able to do that yourself.
I was hoping for a Cork version of Dublin's Bull and Castle but apparently it's not.
Shame.

Not yet.
But apparently it's the same layout as Hardwood ( i.e, small restaurant in a retail space ) with small tables and much the same bottled beer menu as that of the Beirhaus which is run by the same people two doors away.
But they do " pair " beer with food on the menu if you're not able to do that yourself.
I was hoping for a Cork version of Dublin's Bull and Castle but apparently it's not.
Shame.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056338652&page=2

The Bierhaus has just acquired the former Hardwood restaurant next door and will be opening it as a Bull-and-Castle-style beerhall, hopefully in early September.

Had me a wee get together in the Bierhalle just there. Couple of "it's my first day" errors, like forgetting knives/forks, delays with food not cooked by Uncle Pete's. All of these problems were deftly resolved with the application of a couple of drinks on the house.

Those niggles aside, the food was really quite good. I like how the menu recommends a beer with each dish. Friendly staff. Beer as good as one might expect of the Bierhaus. Reasonable prices. Slightly more restaurant than pub, so animated but easily heard banter.

I'll definitely come back. Nice work. Maybe not somewhere to stay all night unless you book for a party, but certainly a good way to start off the night. And of course the Bierhaus is next door if you want more pub...

:rolleyes:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Not Another Disco

The Pavilion, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼