Cork Minor Hurling 2024

City were impressive today down the pairc, v wexford with a good win, great work rate and a tight game throughout. A bit of a luck went their way with the goal from Philips, but you take them all. Pretty impressive so far in both matches particularly with no minors and when you see tipps gold team that they played last week (apparently their '3rd team'????) put up 8-32 v Down today! Isn't that Down team the actual minor team for them?
I was down at the Coláiste an Phiarsaigh v Coláiste an Spioraid Naoimh game last Monday at PUíC, the only Barrs or Bishopstown players I saw involved in the Celtic Challenge was Calum Caplice (played really well), also Conor O'Donoghue (sub on minor team). I didn't see any of the rest of the City Celtic Challenge players involved- are they making the school team? You'd be expect 5th years to be making a Cork Colleges B team.

Calvin Ó Donnabháin (Mayfield) was immense for Coláiste an Phiarsaigh, not sure what age he is. I think they had the following involved in the East Cork Celtic Challenge Finin O'Donovan, Cullen Condon, Jack Tierney and Daire Cummins (sub).

Does anyone know if Coláiste an Spioraid Naoimh captain Seán Lombard is any relation of former Cork Minor Brendan Lombard?

eastcorkeagle

AFAIK Calvin O'Donnabhain is 18 this year and overage for minor.

Sean Lombard is Brendans nephew. I believe he didn't score but how did he play overall. I rate him as being good in the air for a guy who's not that tall, he's also a good team player. Like Stephen Lynam in 2022 Sean was left out in the cold under Paudie Murray's Cork minor management.

Cheers Pooman!

Great to see Jack O'Brien recovered from injury sooner than expected and a correct decision to start him after his performance off the bench v Tipp.

Colm Garde is included among the subs this time but surprising to see Liam O'Mahony among the subs when he didn't make the cut for the original 36 man panel. Also surprising to see Keenan Harrington, Eoghan O'Shea and Fionn Lardner not involved, are any of them injured?

Surprised not to see Jude devoy (aghada) involved was in a couple of weeks ago at the Celtic challenge game east cork we’re playing tipp and he tore up tipp I believe he scored 1-8 1-5 from play

The northern teams are poor and it's doing them no good to be in with the top counties. East thrashed Antrim today (who would be a good bit better than Down). City will hockey Down next week which is no good for either team.
AFAIK Derry are the best of the Northern teams, they lost by 3 goals to Dublin and lost to North Cork last Saturday by 7 points.

Corkzonian

Wasn't the East Cork v Tipp Blue match a draw? What position was Jude Devoy playing in that game, he usually plays wing-forward or mid-field?

AFAIK Derry are the best of the Northern teams, they lost by 3 goals to Dublin and lost to North Cork last Saturday by 7 points.

Corkzonian

Wasn't the East Cork v Tipp Blue match a draw? What position was Jude Devoy playing in that game, he usually plays wing-forward or mid-field?
He’s a corner forward corkonian1

Cheers Pooman!

Great to see Jack O'Brien recovered from injury sooner than expected and a correct decision to start him after his performance off the bench v Tipp.

Colm Garde is included among the subs this time but surprising to see Liam O'Mahony among the subs when he didn't make the cut for the original 36 man panel. Also surprising to see Keenan Harrington, Eoghan O'Shea and Fionn Lardner not involved, are any of them injured?
The three lads have been dropped,not based on form,but on "political"factors.Jack O'Brien has been out sick since before the Limerick game and waltzes back into the starting team.
Only the 24 selected will travel to Dungarvan tomorrow evening.The other 12/13 players are basically forgotten about.Six of these players were forced to sit out the training last night and were excluded from any input to training.This is the way the Meyler system works.No communication with these 16/17 year olds,just ignore them . Remember,the majority of these 35/36 players and families have committed almost two years of their life to represent our county.They have trained 3 night pet week during this time.Their thanks for this commitment is to be banished from the match day routine.The 12/13 players have to make their own way to Dungarvan tomorrow evening eventhough a bus with a capacity of 55 is bringing the match day squad.This is not good for confidence or mental health if those squad players.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼