Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I think the point being made is that we leave teams in the game thru our own stupidity like continuously trying to walk the ball out of defence especially when we had the beating of the Limerick backs every time the ball was delivered early. It was very evident all thru game but nothing was done about it. Could have easily come back to bite us tonight in a match we should have strolled thru.
I'd agree with that. Also Limerick scored a few scores in the first half off the short puckout to the free man who then delivered long...they win the long ball or the break off it and scored.

We seemed to be watching this happen and no change in tactic. That's concerning imo.

We've an issue at CB also. I mean the young lad is a very good player and is really giving his all but you can tell he's just not yet in the mindset of a regular CB. It's not his fault at all tbf.

No offence to Limerick who played quite well themselves and were very gutsy but you could see there was a gulf in class, but they played to their strengths and we caused our own issues.

I can admire sticking to a plan but the plan isn't getting the most out of the players imho. Ben O Connor knows a lot more than me though to be fair!!

Healey is by a mile the best forward on that team.
All the rest of them are going to struggle at senior level despite their undoubted talent and pace.

The subs that came on were very much like for like.

Cork minors 21 were exceptionally good but the advantage in pace and size gets neutered a bit in the years after as players bulk up and learn how to mark pace.

The biggest positive is that they got the job done very well after limericks goal. They picked up a handy free or two but you could argue they came from cork getting the upper hand

The biggest concern must be the utter destruction they experienced in the air.

I mean 3 goal scoring frees in the end from high ball lobbed in was extremely careless

1 on shane o brien running away from goals with loads of cover silly free
2 limerick puck out goes straight through the Cork half back line but is half cleared big lobbed ball into the square again the ball isnt cleared and a free
3 third big high ball lobbed in and o brien catchs it leading to the goal.

against Clare when we were making a come back a big high ball into the square let to a clean catch from James Organ and a goal.

That really shouldn't be happening but if you dont have lads in your forwards who are likely to be catching or at least contesting those kind of high balls in training then its hard to prepare for that.

Let me just say in advance. If you feel like replying to this post with your little blood and bandage hat and shout up the rebels , fuck off now 😘

Healey is by a mile the best forward on that team.
All the rest of them are going to struggle at senior level despite their undoubted talent and pace.
Wishful thinking.
None of us can predict the future with that kind of certainty.
The subs that came on were very much like for like.

Cork minors 21 were exceptionally good but the advantage in pace and size gets neutered a bit in the years after as players bulk up and learn how to mark pace.
No shit Sherlock
The biggest positive is that they got the job done very well after limericks goal. They picked up a handy free or two but you could argue they came from cork getting the upper hand

The biggest concern must be the utter destruction they experienced in the air.
Gross exaggeration.
I mean 3 goal scoring frees in the end from high ball lobbed in was extremely careless

1 on shane o brien running away from goals with loads of cover silly free
2 limerick puck out goes straight through the Cork half back line but is half cleared big lobbed ball into the square again the ball isnt cleared and a free
3 third big high ball lobbed in and o brien catchs it leading to the goal.

against Clare when we were making a come back a big high ball into the square let to a clean catch from James Organ and a goal.

That really shouldn't be happening but if you dont have lads in your forwards who are likely to be catching or at least contesting those kind of high balls in training then its hard to prepare for that.
Shit happens.

Let me just say in advance. If you feel like replying to this post with your little blood and bandage hat and shout up the rebels , fuck off now 😘
Big blood and bandage hat on, it's a Cork forum and nobody here needs to be told to f*** off by a bitter man from Clare

I didn't attend the match. there are so many games coming together it's hard to keep up. I read the comments here before watching it and to be honest I don't understand the negativity. I thought Cork were comfortable winners in a a match that lacked intensity. I was expecting to see a load of tippy tappy stuff from Cork given the comments here but didn't see it. I thought they were strong in the tackle and forced Limerick to turn over ball. They did it to us too of course. Thought Cork won the 2nd half hands down and the Limerick goal at the end just put a gloss on the scoreboard.

U20 hurlers i was told yesterday had to go to PUR before the game and travel by bus to the game.After the game they had to make their way back to PUR by foot as no bus was provided.

I didn't attend the match. there are so many games coming together it's hard to keep up. I read the comments here before watching it and to be honest I don't understand the negativity. I thought Cork were comfortable winners in a a match that lacked intensity. I was expecting to see a load of tippy tappy stuff from Cork given the comments here but didn't see it. I thought they were strong in the tackle and forced Limerick to turn over ball. They did it to us too of course. Thought Cork won the 2nd half hands down and the Limerick goal at the end just put a gloss on the scoreboard.
I was at the game and think you're correct in your assessment.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

The Village Vandals

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼