Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Lamps said:
Big Al carried Blackburn to a premiership title on his back.

You forget to mention that Blackburn also had in their ranks the most expensive footballer in English football at the time, Chris Sutton who chipped in with 15 goals and add to Big Al's tally of 34.

Tim Sherwood, David Batty, Graeme L Saux, Paul Warhurst, Henning Berg, Jason Wilcox, Mike Newell, that bollocks Kevin Gallagher and even superstar himself David May also contributed to that title winning season.

If i remember correctly they finished second the previous year.

Fine player and a fine servant to the game, i can only ponder what it would have been like to see himself and Roy play in the same United team and can only imagine how much more successful they could have been with him.

He was offered terms by United but turned them down. I remember that Roy turned Blackburn down the previous season.(When Kenny was furious that Roy had changed his mind and decided on United)

All in all both players would be a major assett to any team in the world in their prime.

Oh and say what you will about Traore, Kleberson has a world cup winners medal.

Todays_Bread_Today said:
He was offered terms by United but turned them down. I remember that Roy turned Blackburn down the previous season.(When Kenny was furious that Roy had changed his mind and decided on United)

He didn't turn them down, he went back on a promise to Daglish. ah yes one of the first incidents of Keane Betraying someone, after shaking hands with Daglish, he turned his back on them when Ferguson offered him 30 pieces of silver, what a guy, what an inspiration, Roy Keane is a man of his word.

Lamps said:
you really couldn't make this shit up.
so he earns up the play off right.
then he jeopardises the whole thing cos Alex told him not to play in Iran.

Keane couldn't give a shit about his country.

Nothing made up here....
I live in Stockholm and even Keanes performance that day made sport headlines over here.I have Dutch friends involved in football at a top professional level and everyone in Dutch football was asking how a one man team could knock them out..THis is not 100% how I see it but that is how others do....

Keane not caring about his country ,that is a personal opinion and only the people close to him will really know how it feels.Never judge a man till you walk a mile in his shoes(or in this case diadoras)...and if you still dont understand him at least you are a mile away and have his shoes-

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cops and Robert

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼