Iyer's next Victim

The Title of the Thread includes the term next Victim. This obvious links it to the Quay Coop thread. So the real Topic overall is that City Halls daft fundamentalist drive, ahem, towards pedestrianisation is causing the Death of the City Centre. I have driven along the while Quay many times attempting to park anywhere reasonable near Iyers. The photo is accurate, there is never any parking there because it is always occupied, being one of the few parking spots left. So Outdoor Treadmill, it seems you agree with the overall topic, but you like to take pot shots at protesters. Why don't you modify your behaviour and email Ann Dohery and the City Councillors while you are Parked and waiting for the Ride. Seems odd that you would use that service, why not just get a bus all the way into town? No buses from Palookaville to Parnell Place?

The Title of the Thread includes the term next Victim. This obvious links it to the Quay Coop thread. So the real Topic overall is that City Halls daft fundamentalist drive, ahem, towards pedestrianisation is causing the Death of the City Centre. I have driven along the while Quay many times attempting to park anywhere reasonable near Iyers. The photo is accurate, there is never any parking there because it is always occupied, being one of the few parking spots left. So Outdoor Treadmill, it seems you agree with the overall topic, but you like to take pot shots at protesters. Why don't you modify your behaviour and email Ann Dohery and the City Councillors while you are Parked and waiting for the Ride. Seems odd that you would use that service, why not just get a bus all the way into town? No buses from Palookaville to Parnell Place?
Your first post on this thread was a blatant lie but you know that already as it is your consistent mo.
"is yet another City Centre Gem driven out by City Hall's insane removal of Set Down, Loading, Parking."

You want to be able to park right outside the City Hall, West Cork Burger Company, Quay Co-Op Restaurant and Iyers Cafe etc or else you will not even enter those premises because other people have got a car parking space there first?

You already told us that you now drive all the way to Carrigaline for a loaf of bread.

I think that you need to think it all out again.

Also it's a really bad example for the point you're trying to make.

Pope's quay is alive with people spilling out of the bierhaus and Myos on both sides of the street. Those chess sets seem to be in use most evenings i travel past. It's really an example where traffic calming and removal of parking has discommoded motorists and business in the area are thriving as a result.

Iyer closed because he wanted out of the cafe business and into the herbal remidy business.

As I posted on another forum early this year, it’s standard policy and practice now across Europe for the authorities to get cars out of the city centres and hand these areas back to the people for their recreation and leisure. I’m looking forward to this transformation continuing over the next 10-20 years and hope it’s done correctly.

As I posted on another forum early this year, it’s standard policy and practice now across Europe for the authorities to get cars out of the city centres and hand these areas back to the people for their recreation and leisure. I’m looking forward to this transformation continuing over the next 10-20 years and hope it’s done correctly.
Cork is way ahead of Dublin and some U.K. cities on making the city centre an attractive place to walk around and browse. Oliver Plunkett Street has really taken off since traffic was removed as well as other streets as the city centre as a compact island with plenty of narrow streets which were never suitable for cars anyway can now breathe.

Also it's a really bad example for the point you're trying to make.

Pope's quay is alive with people spilling out of the bierhaus and Myos on both sides of the street. Those chess sets seem to be in use most evenings i travel past. It's really an example where traffic calming and removal of parking has discommoded motorists and business in the area are thriving as a result.

Iyer closed because he wanted out of the cafe business and into the herbal remidy business.
Fair play but unfortunately honesty is wasted on DanDan.

Cork is way ahead of Dublin and some U.K. cities on making the city centre an attractive place to walk around and browse. Oliver Plunkett Street has really taken off since traffic was removed as well as other streets as the city centre as a compact island with plenty of narrow streets which were never suitable for cars anyway can now breathe.
Cork is a good size, compact layout and streetscapes for the new city and pedestrianization.

Browse what where in the City Centre? 50% of the Shops and Services are gone, closed, boarded up. Waiting for vulture funds to gobble them up. But even the Vultures see no future in Cork City Centre on it's current path. Very slippery path.

2344175_1_articlesmall_LC_20site_2003.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
I'm Grand Mam presents That's Showbiz
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

2nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Skazz

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼