Photography courses around cork?

all of a sudden everyone is a photographer these days, i know.
having a good laugh with my trusty digital camera but looking to invest in an SLR. mate of mine recommended a canon 450D as a good starting point.

thats kind of beside the point of this thread. pretty sure the college of comm used to have something going on in the evenings. what im looking for basically is something thatd run for one night for 10 weeks or so and give you a good insight into the essentials of basic photography. Very much starting from scratch here with regards to the technical side of things. any suggestions?

cheers

all of a sudden everyone is a photographer these days, i know.
having a good laugh with my trusty digital camera but looking to invest in an SLR. mate of mine recommended a canon 450D as a good starting point.

thats kind of beside the point of this thread. pretty sure the college of comm used to have something going on in the evenings. what im looking for basically is something thatd run for one night for 10 weeks or so and give you a good insight into the essentials of basic photography. Very much starting from scratch here with regards to the technical side of things. any suggestions?

cheers

Camera wise I'd recommend a fuji finepix slr style digital cam. The s6500 is a good mid range cam and will give you excellent results.

Best tip while your waiting... Get a cam bag and carry the camera with you as much as possible. Take lots of pics in different conditions and see how they come out. You can't beat experience and a course can't teach you a good eye for a photo, that comes naturally.

Another tip for digital is... if the subject is backlit i.e. lots of light coming from behind, them, the cam will pick up the light and read it then take the pic which will result in the subject looking like a dark sillouette. To overcome this and manipulate the cam... point the cam slightly downwards in front of the subject and half press the button, the cam will take a light reading (the cam will beep to indicate that readings have been taken), now raise cam in the half pressed state, fully press and take pic of subject, you might be surprised at the results.

I learned this without any course or tech advice. To be honest most courses are shite in my experience. You can't beat just getting out there and snapping away like mad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

24th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼