Places that won't reopen

Just heard that a major British retailer in Cork have been offering good redundancy packages to senior staff.

I've thought for a while that this crowd might leave Ireland, and I'd be a lot more fearful of that happening when I hear this news.

Is there anything to say that they can't buy it in Aldi/Lidl and sell it on?

Or are they supposed to buy from a wholesaler?

If they are going down the Aldi/Lidl route, are there tax/vat implications?

Just curious.
I think the issue is how they sell it, as in falsely stating it's home made/not Aldi. For me, couldn't give a shit so long as it's nice, the price mark up is a bit cheeky when they are charging the same for what you are assuming is a locally, small batch made product. Those cakes cost no more than E4 but they were charging, I think, E3++ per slice. Cheeky bastards!

Just heard that a major British retailer in Cork have been offering good redundancy packages to senior staff.

I've thought for a while that this crowd might leave Ireland, and I'd be a lot more fearful of that happening when I hear this news.

Waterstones?

Overheard one of the staff say something like "We won't be around much longer" when I was in there looking for a book last week.

Pulp were a great band. I saw Richard Hawley in the Opera House and only found out afterwards that he was in Pulp lol

I'd only know Jarvis Cocker

To say Hawley was in Pulp might be a bit of an overstatement. He was the auxiliary guitar player on a few tours but he barely played any shows and has only a minute appearance on their recorded work. One song on their last record.

He is a class act though. His vocal work on "Rewind The Film" by the Manic Street Preachers is phenomenal.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Big Daddy Can

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼