Quay Coop next Victim

Stalky is cross..... omitted the word 'to' before 'post' resulting in pigeon english. Calm down kid, take time to compose your gibberish. Be good at what you do.
Repeating the lies is just Trump with his Johnson in his mouth. The Coop was an iconic part of Cork Culture. A hub. Unique. It is going the way of many City Centre businesses. Forced out by City Council's absurd policies. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40865222.html

Last edited:
Repeating the lies is just Trump with his Johnson in his mouth. The Coop was an iconic part of Cork Culture. A hub. Unique. It is going the way of many City Centre businesses. Forced out by City Council's absurd policies. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40865222.html
No mention of "Quay Co-Op" closing down in that article.

I am sure that they would love to hear from you as a long established expanding business in Cork while casting aspersions on their viability, existential future and business model.

They are even hiring:

Current Vacancies:

We are currently recruiting staff for our iconic Vegetarian Restaurant, which we are delighted to be reopening very soon.

Feel free to pop in with your CV if interested in working with us or email your CV to info@quaycoop.com.

They would just love you.

Dan Dans dream city:
Houston Texas........40 years ago....................................
1687332223139.png

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping the thread top of the charts with your AutoNeurotic replies Stalky. The Coop no longer bake bread. Your so called Library is unique.... no membership needed, you just buy the used books. 30% of the Ground Floor Retail space is now occupied by these old books. You would know this if you actually went to the place. I used to go there 3-4 times a week, for bread, muesli, chat, Richard's Organic Salads and Stir Frys etc. I called in the other day, had a chat with the originator. The closure of the Bread making and Restaurant come from him. I had a parking disc on car. Returned slightly late, €40 Parking ticket. Everybody is abandoning the City Centre due to City Hall policies. Soon, when they start baking in the Carrigaline shop, it will be preferable for me to go there. The City Centre is Dying.

Thanks for keeping the thread top of the charts with your AutoNeurotic replies Stalky. The Coop no longer bake bread. Your so called Library is unique.... no membership needed, you just buy the used books. 30% of the Ground Floor Retail space is now occupied by these old books. You would know this if you actually went to the place. I used to go there 3-4 times a week, for bread, muesli, chat, Richard's Organic Salads and Stir Frys etc. I called in the other day, had a chat with the originator. The closure of the Bread making and Restaurant come from him. I had a parking disc on car. Returned slightly late, €40 Parking ticket. Everybody is abandoning the City Centre due to City Hall policies. Soon, when they start baking in the Carrigaline shop, it will be preferable for me to go there. The City Centre is Dying.
They can run their business for their profit margin and viability and the cost of running an in-house bakery is their own issue.

Your car storage problem is your own issue when you insist on only patronising any business unless you can park directly outside that business (City Hall and West Cork Burger Co. from previous your whining) when there is a surface car park 45 seconds away and a multi-storey car park on the Grand Parade opposite.

Lots of bakeries in the thriving English Market and Washington St. The French style Cameron Bakery is expanding all the time and have 3 shops now.

Pay the €40 and learn.

Enjoy the Carrigaline public realm upgrades anyway:
1687370925912.png

1687371111774.png

This is like trying to teach a cat how to play tennis.

It is somewhat creepy, but I am somewhat impressed that Stalky actually remembers posts of mine from way back. West Cork Burgers were great, put out of business by the cycle lane preventing any set down. City Hall are always a joke, perhaps an easy target....... FFS Electric Trees! Now Stalky, you will reply to this with more AutoNeurotic brain twitches, ticks, and Googles. Comply.

It is somewhat creepy, but I am somewhat impressed that Stalky actually remembers posts of mine from way back. West Cork Burgers were great, put out of business by the cycle lane preventing any set down.
Wrong again, their lease was up and they weren't able to renew it.
Tis no wonder you can't get elected when deceit is your first post of call. 👏

Wrong again, their lease was up and they weren't able to renew it Hi Mary Lou, Why Not? Too expensive to be viable? Business not viable due to the Cycle Lane and lack of any nearby set down or Parking? Has any other business leased the premises? Last time I looked it was boarded up. We have lost literally dozens of businesses from the City Centre. There are over 700 Derelict premises. Yet Mary Lou says, naw boy, it's all going swimmingly.

It is somewhat creepy, but I am somewhat impressed that Stalky actually remembers posts of mine from way back. West Cork Burgers were great, put out of business by the cycle lane preventing any set down.
It is called having a memory.

Perhaps you forgot?

If you are a city centre business basing a large part of your business model on the ability to be able to park or set-down then you clearly should not be left anywhere near any business plan for anything ever especially when "walk-ins" are where most of your customers come from along that busy street with loads of thriving takeaway, pubs and restaurants.

One of Cork city’s favourite burger spots has shut up shop, confirming the sad news after their restaurant was spotted boarded up.
The West Cork Burger Company restaurant on Washington Street is now gone.
The self-proclaimed “Official Best Gourmet Burgers in Munster” restaurant made an emotional Facebook post explaining that the situation is ‘outside of their control’.
“We’ve been forced to close our doors immediately and cease trading," they wrote,

“Our lease on No.6 Washington Street was up and unfortunately not able to be renewed."

West Cork Burger Company added that they are now closed “indefinitely.”
Not even a single mention of "cycle lanes, City Hall or electric trees"...........

Anyway at least you are not motivated by logic..................................

Wrong again, their lease was up and they weren't able to renew it Hi Mary Lou, Why Not? Too expensive to be viable? Business not viable due to the Cycle Lane and lack of any nearby set down or Parking? Has any other business leased the premises? Last time I looked it was boarded up. We have lost literally dozens of businesses from the City Centre. There are over 700 Derelict premises. Yet Mary Lou says, naw boy, it's all going swimmingly.
^^^What is this jibberish? If you want a discussion, at least be somewhat coherent.

It is called having a memory.

Perhaps you forgot?

If you are a city centre business basing a large part of your business model on the ability to be able to park or set-down then you clearly should not be left anywhere near any business plan for anything ever especially when "walk-ins" are where most of your customers come from along that busy street with loads of thriving takeaway, pubs and restaurants.

Not even a single mention of "cycle lanes, City Hall or electric trees"...........

Anyway at least you are not motivated by logic..................................
Another slap 😂😂

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

18th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Flames

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼