Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

It wouldn't even be up for discussion only for the fact that SoundY must follow the Shinnerbot outrage creed.
If Sinn Fein ever get into power they will be patrolling Cork Airport departures and bundling passengers into cars to Kent Station to send them to Belfast on long journeys as punishment:

"Catch yerself onnn.......eatin' forrin' food over in Paris when you can have an Ulster fry 3 times a day in Belfast only 6 or 7 hours away"...............

Of course I did, Bullit was a good spot in fairness to the investment out in there.. the name did amuse me though. They were all work trips so wasn't looking for a big night out any of them. The Crown is an awful spot for all you'd hear about it. The food was bang average in general as well, I named 2 really decent spots, but so many were rubbish

I spent another night in a hotel there with the RUC parked at the front door in one of their riot jeeps for some reason.

I dunno, it feels like a depressing spot with a thin new veneer stretched over one part of it
The Crown is a dissapointment alright (Tourist trap) and the local hipsters are trying their best to drag Belfast into the 1990's but there is only so much they can do with coffee and craft beer etc.

There is a general sense of failure about the place.

True dat.

I've yet to hear anyone explain why it's an either or situation between Paris or Belfast - I know this'll come as a major shock to some here, but plenty of people, myself included, have been to both a number of times, I don't see why someone can't visit both cities 🤷‍♂️

It is not a simple binary choice between Paris and Belfast.

There are many other cities that people prefer to travel to instead of Belfast.

People are just not that interested in travelling to Belfast for lots of reasons.

Last edited:
I've yet to hear anyone explain why it's an either or situation between Paris or Belfast - I know this'll come as a major shock to some here, but plenty of people, myself included, have been to both a number of times, I don't see why someone can't visit both cities 🤷‍♂️
Of course people can. But the cranky bunch on here would have nothing to argue about then.

Yet again a mountain of a molehill. If you are not in the clique you are either ridiculed or ignored. It's like a little boys club now. Boards.ie light.

It should really be an easy answer if you have visited both.

An Taoiseach met with families of stardust victims today ,MLMD had her own meeting with them,
All indications are Harris will issue an apology on behalf of the state, Families say they had a positive meeting with him.
SF are going to bring a motion before the dail calling for the govt to apologise,
Why do they feel the need to do this?
A case of look...the government apologised because we shamed them into it, shameful carry in,

An Taoiseach met with families of stardust victims today ,MLMD had her own meeting with them,
All indications are Harris will issue an apology on behalf of the state, Families say they had a positive meeting with him.
SF are going to bring a motion before the dail calling for the govt to apologise,
A case of look...the government apologised because we shamed them into it, shameful carry in,
They have no idea what shame is FFS.
They are scum.

SF/IRA = Scum

As this happened 43 years ago the Hubris displayed by Sinn Fein in requesting the Government to apologise is a tad galling.

The Government today has very little to do with the Government then ( Simon Harris wasn't even born)

SF claim they have moved on from SF/IRA pre GFA

By this logic we should ask SF to apologize to the survivors and families of victims on an incident by incident basis for all atrocities committed in their name.

Enniskillen
Omagh
Kingsmill
Shankill Road
Birmingham Pubs
Guildford Pubs
Hyde Park Bomb
Banbridge
Patsy Gillespie
Canary Wharf
The Disappeared
Alleged Touts

(List by no means exhaustive )

Until then could they please be asked to Fuck off with their faux outrage for the victims of criminal activities

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Pretty Limited

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼