Stardust anniversary

It's mental actually how many Dubs of this generation have parents from the other 25 counties. I work with so many 100% true blue Dubs who have absolutely no Dublin heritage. Parents from Cork, Tipp, Donegal etc, who all had to move there in the 70s and 80s because there was feck all opportunity in the rest of the country.

I'd like to say things have improved but Dublin is still way too far ahead of the rest of Ireland for career opportunities, housing, and basic amenities.

Kip.

Jebus wept - from the other 25 counties :rolleyes: - mental indeed.

There are calls for a government apology and i reckon it will be issued, But shame on any politicians who would try to use
this tragedy as a means of winning votes,

Vincent Browne on twitter referred to another fire tragedy in Drumcollegher in 1926 when 48 men, women, and children perished in a cinema fire. Kevin O'Higgins, Minister for Justice at the time, when asked would there be a public enquiry declined.

As for using a tragedy as a means of winning votes - it wouldn't be the first time that was indulged in on PROC jimmy, as you should well know.

Disappointing that you have posters coming on here using this tragedy as a thinly veiled political swipe.

There are numerous other threads you can do that in.

Listened to a girl last night describing how her father got out but returned in to try save her mother knowing he was going to die.
She seemed proud of him, but putting myself in the mother's position I would have preferred him to survive to raise the child.

Then again could he have lived with himself knowing he didn't try. 😢

* Just thinking out loud.

Will this all end up with the government paying compensation to the victims relatives and the survivors. Hope not as i am still paying for a rebuild in Donegal.

Read on RTE site that even though Dublin corporation knew at the time that exits were locked or obstructed
no enforcement was made against Butterly, Jesus wept.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼